Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Yes, depending on cost

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 32.8%

• Total voters
I don't see the majority of 4S users switching up to the 5. On the other end... it's gonna be existing 3GS & 4 users upgrading. As well as all the new iPhone users coming in.

If I had the 4S I would upgrade but I think every one expected a major change in design but this seems like an S version change to the design but its a very nice design and I would be happy to keep this one for a few years with the two shades of color on the back and larger screen

Even though the new iPhone have no knockout feature as I imagined. But also I'll be upgrading to a black 16BG on pre-order day. :facetime:

The not was a mistake I meant I would.. Edited the post ^^

But I have to say I thought I would want the white but after seen them both I might get the black one
ah right,yes the black is very nice,i like the black trim,difficult eh!

Poisonivy said:
ah right,yes the black is very nice,i like the black trim,difficult eh!

Yeah the black looks real nice but I always had the black iPhone so I'm looking to switch the white ..

As my only previous smartphones have been a Blackberry and a Droid X, I'll be pre-ordering tomorrow and am anxious to have my first iPhone. My kids have the iPhone 4 so I was able to do a lot of comparing theirs and my DX, and frankly, the only thing I liked about my DX better than the iPhone 4 was the screen size. Now that the iPhone 5 went to the 4" screen size (with the added benefit of 4G LTE!), I have no real desire to stay with the Android phones now that I'm due for an upgrade. While my DX was perhaps a bit more customizable, I found the operating system more buggy and laggy (are those even words?) than the iPhones I've played with in the past. Also, since our family computer is an iMac and we've become accustomed to (and like) the "Apple" way, getting the iPhone 5 is a no-brainer for me.

Pre-orders will start on Sept. 14th @ 12:01am PDT. (California time for the lay person) Last year we experienced shipping delays from preorders... where users weren't getting their iPhones until early the next week.

Where did you read this? I remember with the iPhone 4 they said the same thing (I live in Seattle) so I stayed up until 1am and it still wasn't taking orders. I guess it didn't start until 3:30am or there abouts.

wookiee2cu said:
Where did you read this? I remember with the iPhone 4 they said the same thing (I live in Seattle) so I stayed up until 1am and it still wasn't taking orders. I guess it didn't start until 3:30am or there abouts.

go to the apple or carrier website

All they say is pre-order September 14, don't see anywhere that it says 12:01 am, I think people are just assuming that.

clbchi said:
What time do pre-orders start? Also, if I pre-order on Sept 14th will I be guaranteed to get it on Sept 21st, or should I buy at the Verizon or Apple store instead?

I received a notice from Verizon that the pre-orders start at 3:00am EST, 7:00am EST Business.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

I received a notice from Verizon that the pre-orders start at 3:00am EST, 7:00am EST Business.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net
I recieved an email from them saying the 14th but no time was listed. AT&T's web site has a count down going. I'll check to order from the Verizon site when the time comes and if the option isn't there I'll hit up the Apple web site for it.

The time is ticking down.. what is the best way to go about getting the phone in my hand on release day? I will be visiting family out of state next week, so I would get the phone shipped there if I pre-ordered. It would be a problem if the phone didn't arrive on on time because I will not be there after Sunday.