What's new

Pod2g now has all 5.1 exploits needed and is working on bypassing ASLR

downloading now and installing.
also, since this will be my first time jailbreaking on iphone, how can i back up incase anything goes wrong or somehow i get into a boot loop of some sort?

downloading now and installing.
also, since this will be my first time jailbreaking on iphone, how can i back up incase anything goes wrong or somehow i get into a boot loop of some sort?

I always backup even though I know what I am doing.. its always advisable to backup in itunes before attempting anything even though jailbreaking is safe its always good to make sure you backup so just open itunes and press sync and this will backup your phone to itunes or do so in the cloud if you do it that way. also it might be worth reading a tutorial a few times just to get familiar with the process until you feel comfortable trying it on your phone..

You can look up previous firmware tutorials on how to jailbreak with absinthe and see how its done but there will be another posted for 5.1.1 at some point also.

Could I ask a question? I'm not sure if this has been asked before though. If I'm already on 5.0.1 (iPhone 4), is there any point upgrading to the 5.1.1 or should I just stay on 5.0.1?

Could I ask a question? I'm not sure if this has been asked before though. If I'm already on 5.0.1 (iPhone 4), is there any point upgrading to the 5.1.1 or should I just stay on 5.0.1?

yes it has been asked, in fact its one of the most commonly asked questions, and the answer is yes upgrade to 5.1.1 unless you rely on unlock

edit: nvm, i see your post. just downloaded the Windows version myself!

Last edited:
I downloaded Absinthe, gotta try this. This is my first iPhone and I've only had it for a month so I'm a bit nervous. I've backed up with iCloud and iTunes. Here goes nothing! :)
good luck,let us know how it goes and what you think.

yay!! Thanks for the mirror sites, Unleashed!! Gonna be a busy weekend of upgrade for me!

it looks like so far there is no real traffic crashing the GP site so the links hopefully wont be needed but just in case.

it is going to be a busy weekend jailbreaking and re downloading all those sweet cydia tweaks..

enjoy :)

Well, the jailbreaking didn't work for me. I followed the instructions on greenpois0n exactly and have tried 4 times.

EDIT: it seems others are having the same issue.

Last edited:
it looks like so far there is no real traffic crashing the GP site so the links hopefully wont be needed but just in case.

it is going to be a busy weekend jailbreaking and re downloading all those sweet cydia tweaks..

enjoy :)
Well sadly it seems a lot of people are having trouble - reported in both this and the Absinthe 2.0 Is Here thread. Lots of error messages. Hope they didn't mess this one up. They usually update the jailbreak tool real quickly when there's an issue. But pod2 and all the gang are at this conference.. Oy..