What's new

Please help

Then the iOS was installed OTA or in the factory because that's the only time you'd get an APticket error

The only way to restore it is to upgrade it to a signed iOS, which is iOS 6.0.1 because you can't re-restore it to any other iOS 5.X since you're on an OTA iOS.

willerz2 said:
The only way to restore it is to upgrade it to a signed iOS, which is iOS 6.0.1 because you can't re-restore it to any other iOS 5.X since you're on an OTA iOS.

Is there a jb for iOS 6 tht I can use

willerz2 said:

If not would u assist me if I need help in unlocking?

The 4S cannot be jailbroken as of yet. The iPhone dev-team said it'll be released along with the iPhone 5 untethered jailbreak. The only way to unlock an iPhone 4S is to use an interposer like the Gevey SIM, or to have it factory unlocked through a carrier. You can get an IMEI unlock service for the 4S but it'll be expensive on the 4S and would normally ring you up at least $150. Carriers would do it for free if you meet certain requirements.

My 4s is unlocked already without a gevey or interposer. So if I update to 6.0.1 as of right now I can't jailbreak BUT they will be releasing one soon correct?

It's hard to tell how long it'll be. The release is all up to the devs. My best guess would probably be around Christmas time give or take.

Not sure why exactly. But I've done it on both my 4S twice and my iPad 2 thrice to see if it was just me messing up the steps. But in all 5 trials, the result was the same. I had to repeat it a second time in order for it to work. The error message that comes up is that the restore has failed because you probably guessed the FW even though it's correct, the 4S is using the iPhone4,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw, and the iPad is using both the iPad2,4_5.1.1_9B206_Restore and the iPad2,4_4.3.5_8L1_Restore.ipsw, both are correct for the respective devices.

I get some trouble with out iPad2,4_4.x,where you get iPad2,4_4.3.5_8L1_Restore.ipsw,even no copy on apple.com

please tell me the link,thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't restore to iOS 4.3.5 regardless of whether you have blobs. The only iOS that you can restore to are iOS 5.0-5.1.1 assuming you have valid APTickets with your SHSH blobs, or iOS 6.1.3, the latest version. Nothing outside of that. And the posting or requests of emails is against the Forum Rules, which should be read before posting.