What's new

Please help

chrisneedhelp

Reaction score
I have a 4s 5.0.1 jailbroken..
I deleted some files and cydia along with all tweaks installed stopped working and now crashes..
I tried restoring to 5.0.1 using redsnow but no luck.. Some one please help. I was told tO delete cydia.app using I explorer to spoof redsnow into thinking I wasn't jb but no luck.. Tried to re jb using absinthe no luck..
The files tht were deleted was done so using icleaner and they were file types: log logs dylib iso and apk..
In case ur wondering why they were deleted. It's was done so on the insistence of another claiming those files were not needed and thus taking up space and slowing down my I idevice ..
As I'm looking around iexplorer "root" I see files ending in "dylib" I mean there has to be a way to fix this beside restoring it.. Now I don't mind doing so as long as I can jb again it's fine..
Can sOme kind soul take me by hand and walk me thru this? I will forever be grateful

I have a 4s 5.0.1 jailbroken..
I deleted some files and cydia along with all tweaks installed stopped working and now crashes..
I tried restoring to 5.0.1 using redsnow but no luck.. Some one please help. I was told tO delete cydia.app using I explorer to spoof redsnow into thinking I wasn't jb but no luck.. Tried to re jb using absinthe no luck..
The files tht were deleted was done so using icleaner and they were file types: log logs dylib iso and apk..
In case ur wondering why they were deleted. It's was done so on the insistence of another claiming those files were not needed and thus taking up space and slowing down my I idevice ..
As I'm looking around iexplorer "root" I see files ending in "dylib" I mean there has to be a way to fix this beside restoring it.. Now I don't mind doing so as long as I can jb again it's fine..
Can sOme kind soul take me by hand and walk me thru this? I will forever be grateful

Your best bet would be to restore the iPhone back to a clean 5.0.1 and jailbreak it again. Since you were jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1, Cydia should have those blobs saved. Retrieve them using TinyUmbrella or RedSn0w and use them to re-restore back to 5.0.1 then jailbreak it again. Never delete Cydia tweaks rough rooting, because some may be tied in with the iOS

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have you got iFile installed....?

Yes but it doesn't work just opens and closes.. I also tried restoring but nooo luck.. I do have have the blobs saved but I haven't been able to restore using redsnow

Use the re-restore function on RedSn0w. If your device was never restored before and came in with iOS 5.0.1, then you can't re-restore because the re-restore function does not support OTA or factory iOS'. What steps are you taking to try to re-restore that's giving you the error, and which errors are you getting.

Yea it keeps say tht error As well as service could not be started error 688..
Okay so you say I must do a clean restore . How would I go about doing tht exactly?

Error 688? I don't think that's a RedSn0w/iDevice error then. Please describe the steps that you took that led to that error in as much detail as possible.

Error 688? I don't think that's a RedSn0w/iDevice error then. Please describe the steps that you took that led to that error in as much detail as possible.

I'll do one better.. I'm gonna try and re restore rite now using redsnow again and ima walk u thru exactly what I'm doing and what's happening .. Or u can tell me what to do from scratch?

Download the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW and either retrieve your blobs or make sure they're on Cydia's servers. *Open up RedSn0w, then go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW, then for blobs, select remote (or local if you want to use the ones you have on your computer). It should say something along the lines of "You're already on iOS 5.0.1, would you like to re-restore using the workaround for iOS 5?" Select Yes. Select Yes or the next few windows that show up. It should then start stitching the IPSW and prepping it for a restore. Follow the on-screen instructions.* The first time, it should fail, yes, it should fail. It should say something like "Could not restore" but with no specific error. Repeat what's in the astericks(*) again but this time, it'll restore assuming the current iOS 5.0.1 that's on your iPhone was not installed by the factory or OTA (over the air in Settings)

Download the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW and either retrieve your blobs or make sure they're on Cydia's servers. *Open up RedSn0w, then go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW, then for blobs, select remote (or local if you want to use the ones you have on your computer). It should say something along the lines of "You're already on iOS 5.0.1, would you like to re-restore using the workaround for iOS 5?" Select Yes. Select Yes or the next few windows that show up. It should then start stitching the IPSW and prepping it for a restore. Follow the on-screen instructions.* The first time, it should fail, yes, it should fail. It should say something like "Could not restore" but with no specific error. Repeat what's in the astericks(*) again but this time, it'll restore assuming the current iOS 5.0.1 that's on your iPhone was not installed by the factory or OTA (over the air in Settings)

Why should it fail...?
I've used this a few times now and have never had a fail message...?

Why should it fail...?
I've used this a few times now and have never had a fail message...?

Not sure why exactly. But I've done it on both my 4S twice and my iPad 2 thrice to see if it was just me messing up the steps. But in all 5 trials, the result was the same. I had to repeat it a second time in order for it to work. The error message that comes up is that the restore has failed because you probably guessed the FW even though it's correct, the 4S is using the iPhone4,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw, and the iPad is using both the iPad2,4_5.1.1_9B206_Restore and the iPad2,4_4.3.5_8L1_Restore.ipsw, both are correct for the respective devices.

wene i select the ipsw in redsnow it begins working imediately/doesnt allow me to choose wether to use local or remote blobs...i trie a few time none the less with no succes..this is what haappened I TRIED ONCE GOT ERROR COULDNT RESTORE..APTICKET CANNOT BE USED FOR THIS HACK TO WORK..
SECON TYME I GOT SCREEN THE FW ON THE DEVICE CANNOT BE DETERMINED
HOWEVER WORKAROUND CAN BE USED TO REINSTALL 5.X USIN BLOBS U MAY GO 5.X TO 5.X
went into PREP RESTORE ..WARNING 4S BaseBand WILL B UPDATED
ok RESTORE3 FAIL U MIGHT OF GUESSED THE FW W2RONG
TRIED AGAIN
COULDNT RESTO4R3E UNEX0PECTED ERROR
TRIED AGA8IN
this time i got this error message
it seems the APTicket flashed on the device cannot be reused for this hack
if the current fw was installws via OTA or factory blah blah
tried again
this it asked me if this was 5.0.1 to 5.0.1 re restore
it said the firmware onthe device could not be determined however a workaround can be used u may go from any 5.x to 5.x as long as u have the blobs.do u want to proceed as if you have some verson of 5.x
clicked yes it started working
then i got error couldnt restore
you might have guess the wrong f.w blahdidi blah

Last edited:
wene i select the ipsw in redsnow it begins working imediately/doesnt allow me to choose wether to use local or remote blobs...i trie a few time none the less with no succes..this is what haappened I TRIED ONCE GOT ERROR COULDNT RESTORE..APTICKET CANNOT BE USED FOR THIS HACK TO WORK..
SECON TYME I GOT SCREEN THE FW ON THE DEVICE CANNOT BE DETERMINED
HOWEVER WORKAROUND CAN BE USED TO REINSTALL 5.X USIN BLOBS U MAY GO 5.X TO 5.X
PREP RESTORE ..WARNING 4S BB WILL B UPDATED
PROCEEDED RESTORE3 FAIL U MIGHT OF GUESSED THE FW W2RONG
TRIED AGAIN
COULDNT RESTO4R3E UN3EX0PE3CT3ED 3E4RR49OR4
TRIED AGA8IN
ENT3E4R8ING 4R3EC9OV3E34RY M9ODE3
BAS3E BAND 7U0PDST3E 2W24RN8ING
C9O7ULDNT 4R3EST9O4R

Looks like gibberish....
Tried following the guide yet..?
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...-5-x-iphone4s-using-redsn0w-shsh-blobs-48041/