What's new

Please help with ios5 upgrade for my iphone 4

agittan

Reaction score
hi, i am using an iphone 4 ver: 4.3.2 (8H7), 16Gig, Firmware: 04.10.01, Jailbreak with redsnow, it is factory unlock! I wana upgrade it to ios 5, on which i have been trying for the past week and I couldnt! I keep getting certain error code like 3002, 3194, I did quite some few googling and watching youtube videos for tutorial, which certainly were also a FAIL mission! I even tried upgrade to 4.3.3=FAIL (thinking to un-JB)
my question is, what am I doing wrong? is there any ways to upgrade without error? what should I do? Please shared me you ideas!
Thank you!

N.B: OS: W7 Ulti x32
itune ver: 10.5.3
Downloaded the iPhone3_1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw

You need a computer, iTunes, good Internet connection, your iPhone and an iPhone USB cable.
Connect your iPhone to your computer and open up iTunes. Update your iTunes software before anything else. Once the iTunes update is done, go to your iphone summary tab and click on update, let iTunes do the rest for you, it could take time, everything will depend on the speed of your Internet connection.

OK, I got a computer/laptop, itune 10.5.3, Internet connection, my iphone and my USB cable, I've also downloaded the ipsw (manually), openup itunes, shift+restore>>extraction done>> verifying to apple server.... BAM!!! FAIL with error 3194, I did google about error 3194 which instructed about changing the host file (i did that) but FULL STOP!

OK, I got a computer/laptop, itune 10.5.3, Internet connection, my iphone and my USB cable, I've also downloaded the ipsw (manually), openup itunes, shift+restore>>extraction done>> verifying to apple server.... BAM!!! FAIL with error 3194, I did google about error 3194 which instructed about changing the host file (i did that) but FULL STOP!

Is it iTunes which is downloading the IPSW or you've downloaded it manually already? What is the version of the IPSW you are downloading? Is it the most recent one?

Why don't you try restoring normaly (using the ipsw that iTunes downloads itself)...?

downloading from itunes normally fails at some certain MBs, thats why I download the ipsw manually and did try to restore through itunes but i get the error!

downloading from itunes normally fails at some certain MBs, thats why I download the ipsw manually and did try to restore through itunes but i get the error!

Put the IPSW file which you've downloaded at this directory: C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates.
Now connect your iPhone to your computer open iTunes and click restore. iTunes will skip the IPSW downloading process once it finds out that the most recent IPSW file is already there and it will continue the installation into your iPhone.
Remember to enable hidden files in your computer before you can locate that itunes IPSW directory.

Put the IPSW file which you've downloaded at this directory: C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates.
Now connect your iPhone to your computer open iTunes and click restore. iTunes will skip the IPSW downloading process once it finds out that the most recent IPSW file is already there and it will continue the installation into your iPhone.
Remember to enable hidden files in your computer before you can locate that itunes IPSW directory.
OK! thank for the info! i did as you instructed but after pasting the ipsw in the said folder! I launch itunes click restore>>contacting iphone to the server>>backup(pops)>>>restore and update>>iphone software update>> it starts a fresh download from the server and then when I check the folder the ipsw gets deleted(the one which I've pasted) why>? :mad:

OK! thank for the info! i did as you instructed but after pasting the ipsw in the said folder! I launch itunes click restore>>contacting iphone to the server>>backup(pops)>>>restore and update>>iphone software update>> it starts a fresh download from the server and then when I check the folder the ipsw gets deleted(the one which I've pasted) why>? :mad:
that wasn't the latest version certainly. What is the version of the IPSW you put into that folder? iOS 5.0.1?

thnx evryone for ur comments... my bad-there was a new ios5 lol... i did it! thnkz