What's new

Please help guyz..!!!!My Iphone not upgrading

sahilq

Reaction score
Hey so here's my prob..
I've got a jailbroken iphone 3gs which was gifted to me last week by my elder sister..
It has ios 4.1 but when i try to update it to ios 5.0.1 it says "firmware not compatible"..
In itunes it says you can only update till ios 4.2
But my friends iphone 3gs run ios 5.0.1
I dont have any shsh files saved..

I have change the host file to apple server not cydia.!!
But still no work!

Please help me...I want to update it..Help will be appreciated.

sahilq said:
Hey so here's my prob..
I've got a jailbroken iphone 3gs which was gifted to me last week by my elder sister..
It has ios 4.1 but when i try to update it to ios 5.0.1 it says "firmware not compatible"..
In itunes it says you can only update till ios 4.2
But my friends iphone 3gs run ios 5.0.1
I dont have any shsh files saved..

I have change the host file to apple server not cydia.!!
But still no work!

Please help me...I want to update it..Help will be appreciated.

You cannot update to 5.0.1 because 5.0.1 is not being signed.

Apple are control freaks.

They do not allow you to restore to whatever iOS you want. For that you need to save yore SHSH blobs.

Unless the device had it's 5.0.1 SHSH blobs saved by the previous owner...then you will never be able to restore to 5.0.1.

You have no choice but to update the latest iOS version......5.1.1.

5.1.1 is better then 5.0.1 in so many ways anyway. And the jailbreak is more stable. Untethered too.

Should just update to 5.1.1 and jailbreak with the latest redsn0w via the DFU method. (not the backup restore method).

Is your iTunes updated to the latest one? That sounds like the problem. Go to apple.com and download the latest iTunes.

tortelliniguy said:
Is your iTunes updated to the latest one? That sounds like the problem. Go to apple.com and download the latest iTunes.

Updating iTunes would not help the situation. .

But that is not the problem.

The problem is that he use trying to a restore to an older iOS version. Nothing more, nothing less.