What's new

Photos with the iPhone 6 Plus.

It looks like you're enjoying yourself in Vienna. Are you performing there?
I was visiting my daughter. Her workday ended early, so we planned visiting Albertina and Haus der Musik (House of Music) today, which we did, and enjoyed. :)
I'm at home again.

An ivy covered building in downtown Spokane.
image.jpeg

If you're referring to the defective camera in certain early production iPhone 6 Plus units. Mine didn't do it all the time and I just got a free replacement camera earlier today.
I had the same thing happen to my 6plus, also replaced my camera free.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I have to drive to Vienna, there are two authorized service providers. One of them told me that the repair needs about two weeks, because they can't do it themselves.
I haven't spoken with the other one yet. I'll do this tomorrow.
4 to 10 days, but they are not sure. They haven't got an iPhone 6 plus for repair yet, so they have to rely on what Apple told them.

I've talked to Apple Support. They'll pick up the iPhone from my address tomorrow, change the camera and send it back to me. :)

Last edited:
4 to 10 days, but they are not sure. They haven't got an iPhone 6 plus for repair yet, so they have to rely on what Apple told them.

I've talked to Apple Support. They'll pick up the iPhone from my address tomorrow, change the camera and send it back to me. :)
Thats what I call service :)

I remember back in the bad old days I had a four weeks old HTC phone that wouldn't charge, The so called expert at the shop said it would have to go back to HTC and could take up to six weeks.

I fixed it myself in the end, Apple are outstanding for service.

I remember back in the bad old days I had a four weeks old HTC phone that wouldn't charge, The so called expert at the shop said it would have to go back to HTC and could take up to six weeks.

They really are.
Whenever I contacted them (email or phone call), they were friendly, explaining everything I need to know, helping with my problems.

The woman I was talking to today, "helped" me through the steps of turning off "Find my iPhone". :) I suppose many people that contact them, are not very familiar with their Apple devices.

They really are.
Whenever I contacted them (email or phone call), they were friendly, explaining everything I need to know, helping with my problems.

The woman I was talking to today, "helped" me through the steps of turning off "Find my iPhone". :) I suppose many people that contact them, are not as familiar with their Apple devices as I am.
I rang them today for advise on my backups, As
They really are.

The woman I was talking to today, "helped" me through the steps of turning off "Find my iPhone". :) I suppose many people that contact them, are not very familiar with their Apple devices.
Have you got AppleCare?

I took advantage of the fact that Spokane had an Apple Store to have the camera repaired there in under an hour. If I would have done it at home it would have taken several days.