What's new

Phone keeps crashing

Alison

Reaction score
Help - I bought a new IPhone on Monday and am using an already existing itunes account. Set up with no problems, all music and apps transferred with no probs but phone keeps crashing - it appears to be random - sometimes when I am online, other times when I am using gaming apps and once when I was building a playlist! Any help gratefully received - I am not very familiar with technical terms!

Some have had this problem and to fix it you need to set it up as a new phone not restore as your old one. You can still sync just dont click restore as "yourphone" & setup as new.

Thanks for your reply - I installed it as a new phone - do I have to reinstall it, and if so, how? I am also running a 3G touch from iTunes -is this relevant?

Try a reset, like ctl-alt-del on a PC. Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot.
This cures many weird things on idevices.

Good Luck

Followed Pocobears advice and phone hasn't crashed yet - problem seems to be solved as it was happening at least hourly - am very happy!

Your Welcome - Help spread the word about RESET, it's a miracle worker. Especially if JB. LOL

Thought Pocobear had sorted my problem but phone has crashed 3 times since! Frequency of crashes seems to have improved but are still happening - any other suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thought Pocobear had sorted my problem but phone has crashed 3 times since! Frequency of crashes seems to have improved but are still happening - any other suggestions would be much appreciated!

You will havetoo respring/reboot once a day usually on a jailbroken device. Just to clear the memory. Especially if your running alot of memory hungry themes ect. Also try uninstalling any unused packages off cydia.

Phone replaced today by Apple - very impressed with Genius Bar - they ran a diagnostic thingy and replaced it immediately. Thanks for everyones help but it seems no amount of rebooting was going to fix it!