What's new

Phone is fantastic but I'm having my share of frustrations

Clamminfrank

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the world of Apple generally and iPhone 4S specifically. Hope to be able to get answers to some of my questions here.

I'm located in SW Florida, retired, fairly computer literate (windows) but want to expand into Apple based on recommendations from friends.

TIA

Welcome. Your title states you are frustrated, yet you don't mention why?

Welcome! Can you give some examples of what is causing frustrations so we can help?

I guess I'm feeling general frustrations. Seems I need to go to the voluminous users manual to learn how to do things. Most of the time I can find what I'm looking for but I'm surprised that the iphone is not very intuitive. Still don't know why Photo Stream doesn't show up in icloud but did learn how to delete photos from Photo Stream. Disappointed in the look of web pages but maybe it's just something I need to get used to. I'm such a newbie to iphone and Apple that I don't even know what some of the term that are used in some of the forums, but I guess I'll get there. Thank you.

I guess I'm feeling general frustrations. Seems I need to go to the voluminous users manual to learn how to do things. Most of the time I can find what I'm looking for but I'm surprised that the iphone is not very intuitive. Still don't know why Photo Stream doesn't show up in icloud but did learn how to delete photos from Photo Stream. Disappointed in the look of web pages but maybe it's just something I need to get used to. I'm such a newbie to iphone and Apple that I don't even know what some of the term that are used in some of the forums, but I guess I'll get there. Thank you.
well you're doing fine if you know how to delete photos in from photo stream,even with the added delete button members are still having trouble doing that so maybe you can help them,you didn't say what phone you had before 4s,we are all newbies at some point and we are always learning,you will get used to the terminology and there is always someone to help on here.

Had a Blackberry previously. One quick question, why doesn't Photo Stream show in iCloud? Tnx
im not big on iCloud myself and don't use it much,have you turned it on in your phone,go to settings-icloud-photo stream and see if its set to on.

If you have photo steam set to backup on iCloud, I do not think that you see the backup. You can see your email, contacts, calendar, find my iPhone, and iWork. Log on via your computer at www.iCloud.com

Here is a recent thread that my shed some light http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/icloud-81/icloud-issues-photo-stream-contacts-32197/

Here are two links from our Help section that my be beneficial

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-help-15/iphone-tips-tricks-8543/

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-help-15/iphone-tips-20552/

I hope this is helpful. Please post any other questions you may have. Hopefully, we'll be able to answer.

Mike

I assume you mean by "not showing up in icloud" you mean your pictures that you take with your iPhone are not automaticaly going to your PC.

Is that correct?

To me iCloud is good for one thing. Backing up the data in Settings> iCloud.lol.