What's new

My new member post

Scottintexas

Reaction score
My name is Scott. I live in Lake Jackson, Texas, which is about 50 miles south of Houston. As a programmer I have always liked Apple products but always hated their pricing. At Mac World in the early nineties I ask Steve Jobs why they go the profit margin route rather than the market share route. After a long winded answer it came down to "because." This was the Mac SE years and it was one of the best computers you could want, if you could afford it. Apple has really changed over the years. One thing remains constant. Documentation sucks. So far I like my iPhone, but I get frustrated with it. For example I can be looking at an email msg and click on a lnk to read an article being mentioned. Then to get back to my message I have to hit the home button, and re open the messages. Hopefully through this forum I can learn to drive my iPhone properly before it becomes obsolete!

Sorry my first post was in the wrong forum. I was browsing around and lost myself.

Hi Scott.... Liked your message, and agree. I have a problem with the non "go-back" feature on the iPhone, and I thought I was the only one! That, plus the need for a bloated goat of a program like iTunes to manage photos and music between the PC and the phone.

Anyway, welcome from Abilene, TX.

Thanks EWyatt and gaz6076. iTunes is bloatware, no doubt! I hate when it runs. It drags everything on the machine down. So when I am syncing I shut everything down, plug in my phone and let it do it's thing, then I shut down iTunes. If I want to listen to music on my computer I have to use media player because iTunes crashes and leaves my machine crying with a blue screen. Even reinstalling doesn't fix it.