What's new

PC and Itunes wont recognize Iphone

Gigaslackr

Reaction score
I currently have an Iphone 3G that I am trying to restore, but I cannot get my PC or Itunes to recognize it. It currently has a passcode on it that I do not know. (this was a donated phone I got from a friend that works for a phone recycling company. It is NOT stolen.) I am trying to restore the Iphone so I can use the ipod and camera functions. I have tried putting the phone into recovery mode, but my PC still will not recognize it. I have also tried putting it into DFU mode, but that didnt work either. I have reinstalled Itunes several times already, but that didnt help either. I have tried every solution I could find, but have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have any ideas? I am currently running Windows 7, and I have the latest version of Itunes installed. Also I have a friends Ipod touch that works just fine with my itunes, so I know its not the cord or the usb port (I have tried plugging it in to each of the 4 usb ports on my PC). Please help!

I doubt the passcode presents a problem. Mine always shows up, even when locked. Perhaps there is a problem with the docking connection of the phone or something else. Have you opened it to see if there is any visible damage? If not, perhaps you could find a way to short out the DRAM and jailbreak it from the new website url that is available. Then, you could at least SSH into the phone to transfer wirelessly to it...