What's new

iTunes doesn't recognize iPhone .... but computer does

Status
Not open for further replies.

moxioron

Reaction score
Hello all.

I am having a bit of a quandry. For some reason iTunes doesn't recognize me or me wife's iPhone 4.

I have Windows Vista/64 bit. Both iPhones have the most recent update and iTunes is on version 10.7.

When I plug in the USB connection windows recognizes the phone and I can them both in the Device Manager/Mobile devices.

Although iTunes auto-launches, neither of our phones are recognized. However, when I plug in my iPod Nano, it is....

Any idea how to resolve this? Thank you.

Remove the driver in device manager for the iPhone and reboot your pc. Then replug it in after. If it still doesn't work, right click the driver, update it and browse and point it to c:/program files/common files/apple/apple update software/driver/

Run Activity Monitor (Applications/Utilities); do you see the iTunes Helper service running? Make sure you set the view to "All processes", not "My Processes". If it's not running, that's your problem. Re-install iTunes and away you go.

Thanks for your input; we always appreciate members helping each other out.

However, this is an old thread. Either the original poster has found the answer elsewhere or has moved on (last post was in Oct 2012).

Therefore, this thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.