What's new

Old Newbee

canusatrini

Reaction score
Have had a cell phone for 15 years but never a Smart Phone. Purchased IPhone 5 Unlocked from Apple Store and now the questions begin.
Have AT&T (Canada) cheapest voice plan (Uber 20), costs about $20.00 per month, transferred to IPhone 5. Need some assistance getting
data plan. I don't text but I guess I will try with the new phone and I would like to occasionally browse the Internet. Can't promise not to
use email on phone but I do have two desktops at home from which I do email.

Am looking for the cheapest data plan, preferably Pre-Paid until I can determine how much data I might use. Any help would be appreciated.

Now here is my ignorance.... I have a real cheap bell voice plan and would like to keep. Is it possible to have a data plan with another carrier
on the IPhone 5 and still keep the Bell Voice plan? Yeah, I know it sounds dumb but I will learn.

Joined a couple forum feeds and will attempt to get information via the existing questions and answers. Nice to be here.

Regards

Peter Frank Lee

Have had a cell phone for 15 years but never a Smart Phone. Purchased IPhone 5 Unlocked from Apple Store and now the questions begin.
Have AT&T (Canada) cheapest voice plan (Uber 20), costs about $20.00 per month, transferred to IPhone 5. Need some assistance getting
data plan. I don't text but I guess I will try with the new phone and I would like to occasionally browse the Internet. Can't promise not to
use email on phone but I do have two desktops at home from which I do email.

Am looking for the cheapest data plan, preferably Pre-Paid until I can determine how much data I might use. Any help would be appreciated.

Now here is my ignorance.... I have a real cheap bell voice plan and would like to keep. Is it possible to have a data plan with another carrier
on the IPhone 5 and still keep the Bell Voice plan? Yeah, I know it sounds dumb but I will learn.

Joined a couple forum feeds and will attempt to get information via the existing questions and answers. Nice to be here.

Regards

Peter Frank Lee
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.
iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

No - the data plan like your voice is tied to the SIM card. You have to have both on the same provider.

Be careful of putting on a very cheap data plan. The overage charges are a killer. I would recommend no less than 1Gb per month for anyone using browsing and a bit of facetime on the network that does not use wifi.

If you have wifi at home then you may be able to do with less or not. Depends on how careful you are.

Welcome Peter Lee. FYI, the questions will never end either. I've had the iPhone for almost 2 years and still don't get ALL there is to know about it. As long as it does only what you want.....

hello-annoyed-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-195_zpsc8500be2.gif