What's new

OFFICIAL "I'm Camping Out for my iPhone 5" Thread

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
So... chances are I'll be one of few around here that'll be camping a B&M (Brick & Mortar) store to get their iPhone 5 next Friday. I was unable to Pre-Order in time for the 21st ship dates... So, I'll be kickin' it at my local AT&T corporate store all night. :)

make sure you get right to the front of that queue :)

I'm gonna try... not sure how early I'll be able to get there on Thursday.

Do the B&M stores get units to sell on that date? Not that they wouldn't but it would seem strange pre-orders got pushed back a couple of weeks but yet the stores will still have them available. Is it that they more-or-less pre-order a block amount for sale upon release date?

Do the B&M stores get units to sell on that date? Not that they wouldn't but it would seem strange pre-orders got pushed back a couple of weeks but yet the stores will still have them available. Is it that they more-or-less pre-order a block amount for sale upon release date?
Yes... the B&M store will have their own Pre-Order of "X" amount of iPhone 5's. And they're on a first come first serve basis when the store opens that morning. So... they could have 50 or 500 iPhone 5's. Who knows....

Good luck! I hope you manage to get your iphone 5 before they sell out at the store... I can see a few people camping out at the carriers and apple store from Thursday and maybe even Wednesday

our nearest Apple store is at the Meadowhall shopping centre in Sheffield,apparently they open one of side doors to the centre really early and the queuing starts in the early hours,they have a ticket system,you know e.g you might want white 16gb and they give you a ticket for it,once all the tickets have gone thats it,dont know if its the same in the USA.

that is a good way to do it having a ticket system I wonder how many people try sell their tickets if they manage to get good ones. Sheffield has a nice apple store I am there a lot

that is a good way to do it having a ticket system I wonder how many people try sell their tickets if they manage to get good ones. Sheffield has a nice apple store I am there a lot
yes it is a nice store and only about 20 miles from me.

I'll be camping out at our local verizon store, just trying to decide what time I should get there!

Well there are already reports of people camping outside of apple stores from now... Personally I would rather wait the two extra weeks and order it online lol but I can imagine it being very busy even from the day before release 24 hours ahead of when the apple store will open

Well there are already reports of people camping outside of apple stores from now... Personally I would rather wait the two extra weeks and order it online lol but I can imagine it being very busy even from the day before release 24 hours ahead of when the apple store will open
cant believe people are starting to camp out already.

They may need security on standby. I'm sure some fights will break out somewhere....

Really can't wait to see a unboxing video, have the 4s and I love it. But I want to see if the iPhone 5 is worth breaking my contract 😜