What's new

OFFICIAL "I'm Camping Out for my iPhone 5" Thread

cant believe people are starting to camp out already.

i know... I think some do it for the attention and publicity though to camp out a week before its release.. I love the iphone but not enough to spend very long standing outside an apple store I would rather sit back home and wait even if it means waiting an extra two weeks or month even..

i know... I think some do it for the attention and publicity though to camp out a week before its release.. I love the iphone but not enough to spend very long standing outside an apple store I would rather sit back home and wait even if it means waiting an extra two weeks or month even..
me too,I'm definitely not into roughing it,i like my home comforts too much.

me too,I'm definitely not into roughing it,i like my home comforts too much.

When I got the iPad I went into the apple store instead of ordering it online as I got it the same day instead of having to wait but not now it will be busy, though I don't know how the uk apple stores are? I doubt as bad as they get in America lol

I got my nano sim from three uk as well and a free adaptor so everything is ready though strangely enough when ringing 333 the Indians refused to give me one.

When I got the iPad I went into the apple store instead of ordering it online as I got it the same day instead of having to wait but not now it will be busy, though I don't know how the uk apple stores are? I doubt as bad as they get in America lol

I got my nano sim from three uk as well and a free adaptor so everything is ready though strangely enough when ringing 333 the Indians refused to give me one.
thats good,im glad you got it,what is the adaptor for?i didn't get one one of those.

thats good,im glad you got it,what is the adaptor for?i didn't get one one of those.

Well because my current number will be transferred to the nano sim it will mean I am in able to use it until Friday so the adaptor basically allows me to use the nano sim in my iPhone 4 until I get the next iPhone or if I ever need to use a micro sim phone for what ever reason it's basically a little black plastic thing where the nano sim fits in and turns it into micro sim size

Well because my current number will be transferred to the nano sim it will mean I am in able to use it until Friday so the adaptor basically allows me to use the nano sim in my iPhone 4 until I get the next iPhone or if I ever need to use a micro sim phone for what ever reason it's basically a little black plastic thing where the nano sim fits in and turns it into micro sim size
oh right,they just told me that my micro sim will continue to work in my 4s until i put the nano in my 5 and activate it,im keeping my current number too.

Oh that's weird did you get a new number? Because I was never given an option to get the nano sim and wait to transfer the number and activate it but it saves the hassle when the iPhone 5 arrives

Oh that's weird did you get a new number? Because I was never given an option to get the nano sim and wait to transfer the number and activate it but it saves the hassle when the iPhone 5 arrives
when i asked for the nano they asked did i want to keep my current number,i said i did so its supposed to be all set up with my number ready to activate when i install it in the new phone,thats what they did last year when i got the 4s.....seems like the indians don't all sing from the same hymn sheet eh!

Good call! You don't have to mess around with your current phone now and you can just keep he micro sim in the phone

Good call! You don't have to mess around with your current phone now and you can just keep he micro sim in the phone
yes hopefully there will be no problems activating the nano.

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm camped out at my local AT&T corporate store. And..... I'm #1 in line. :-D. Boeing the guy next to me's iPhone to post this. I'll try and check in again later on. Only 11.5 hrs to go here in the central US.

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm camped out at my local AT&T corporate store. And..... I'm #1 in line. :-D. Boeing the guy next to me's iPhone to post this. I'll try and check in again later on. Only 11.5 hrs to go here in the central US.

No pics, Thomas of your adventures in line? Stay warm out there!!:)

First in line, cool! Enjoy the night out, and be happy it's not black friday weather.

No pics, Thomas of your adventures in line? Stay warm out there!!:)
And I agree, pics...

If nothing else they will help kill time.

Last edited:
On another note, with everyone who pre-ordered not getting theirs until tomorrow by 3, you'll probably have your's before the majority of us.

Well at 5PM I decided I was going to get up at 1AM and head for the Sprint store. At 815PM I was rushing my oldest daughter to the ER. She will be having her appendix taken out when you guys are getting phones. Wish I could be there! Be safe.