What's new

Official Apple IOS Firmware Download Links for iPhone

I also would like instructions for installing 5.1.1 on my 3GS. When I open the file in iTunes and restore, it just updates to ios6. Help is needed, as ios6 does not work very well at all.
Murph, the only way to install iOS 5.1.1 on your 3GS, now, is if you have SHSH's (Blobs) manually saved via TinyUmbrealla while you were on 5.1.1 or your were Jailbroke and running Cydia while on 5.1.1. Other than that... there no possibility of downgrading.

my brother's iphone4 had ios 5.1 i had jailbroken it for him
but never went on ios 5.1.1
now he has updated to ios6
never saved blobs
is it possible if i jb ios6 and cydia has saved them for me?
----
one more question
what devices are capable of downgrading with shsh now?
i need to know about these devices
4?
4s?
3gs?
ipad3?

thanks a million

If he was JB while iOS 5.1.1 was being signed... then yes, Cydia should have the SHSH's saved. TinyUmbrella will be able to extract them from Cydia's servers. What devices are capable of downgrading.... anything pre-A-5. iPhone 3G, 3GS & iPhone 4. And only the original iPad.

added latest 6.0.1 files, but jailbreakers and potential jailbreakers should beware! Don't install 6.0.1 unless you must, until it is confirmed it is safe to do so! :D

Wow, great job man, I will save the link of this page for future use. This is really a great work you have done here.

My girlfriend just bought from overseas a new unlocked iphone 4s with IOS 5.0.1 on it ... She has succesfully jailbroken it with absinthe and only then she realised she was on 5.0.1 and asked me to upgrade it to 5.1.1 ..

I have downloaded the 5.!.! ipsw as shown on this sticky ...

Now, can I still upgrade the phone ? >> cydia only shows SHSH blobs for 6.0.1

My girlfriend just bought from overseas a new unlocked iphone 4s with IOS 5.0.1 on it ... She has succesfully jailbroken it with absinthe and only then she realised she was on 5.0.1 and asked me to upgrade it to 5.1.1 ..

I have downloaded the 5.!.! ipsw as shown on this sticky ...

Now, can I still upgrade the phone ? >> cydia only shows SHSH blobs for 6.0.1
Without SHSH's for 5.1.1 it's not possible to re-restore to 5.1.1.

I've added the iOS 6.1 IPSW downloads for the following devices:
  • iPhone 4S (4,1)
  • iPhone 4 GSM (3,1)
  • iPhone 4 GSM Global (3,2)
  • iPhone 4 CDMA (3,3)
  • iPhone 3GS (2,1)

Does it matter which 6.1 firmware you download for GSM iPhone 5?