Notes field greyed out in Contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by CindyChr, Dec 15, 2017.

1. CindyChr

CindyChr New Member

I'm wondering if someone can help me? When I add a new contact for my business, I often like to put misc info in the Notes section of Contacts to help me remember the person but it is dimmed out. I've looked everywhere I can think of but I can't find an answer. Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?? Thanks so much for responding....

2. carolineM

carolineM Well-Known Member

I have just tried this, as I have the odd note against my Contacts and I find if I tap edit and go to Notes, I cannot type, yet if I do NOT tap edit I can type notes where the greyed out Notes appear. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CindyChr

CindyChr New Member

Are you kidding me??!! It WORKED!! I have tried everything! Thank you so much carolineM!

4. iPutz

iPutz Active Member

I just tried it also and found it to be true. I must admit however, that I almost always add contacts and contact info in Microsoft Outlook and later sync the info to the phone using iTunes.

5. carolineM

carolineM Well-Known Member

You’re very welcome!

6. Doby-Toby

Doby-Toby New Member

I find if I enter any text in note field immediately upon entering a new contact the info entered in notes field will not be saved. I have to enter new contact, leave notes field blank, exit contacts re-open contacts, enter info in notes field - then it will be saved.