What's new

Not able to connect to a particular wifi

tarunmatta

Reaction score
I seem to have a strange problem in connection to my home wifi network. My iphone 4 connects to other wifi networks at my friend's place but when i try connecting to my home network, then i get a message that the password is wrong. I've tried changing the network name and the password on my router but still get the same error message. Any solutions?

I had a similar problem recently and had to reset the network name and password via my pc, then change the password on my iphone to get it working again. It has worked fine since with no problems.

Try this, go into SETTINGS - GENERAL - NETWORK, then chose the line with your network name on it and then press the blue arrow on the right, then tap the FORGET THIS NETWORK button at the top of the page. Then setup your network again. OR, you can try to tap RENEW LEASE and see if that helps. The first option above is the best one to try, as it resets everything in the network settings. This worked for me when I had a low signal two foot from the wireless router and could not connect.

@Pocobear - When I click on the blue arrow on the right, I do not get "forget this network" option. I see the SSiD on the top and then 3 tabs - DHCP, BootP and Static and then other sub menu like IP address, subnet Mask etc.

@Grnvlite - I've already changed the network name and password thru PC. The phone recognizes the new network name but still gives the same error.

Did you also change the password on your iphone after changing it on your pc?