What's new

wifi "incorrect password" ???

Idntknw

Reaction score
I have been able to connect to my home wifi thru a Linksys WRT54G router with wpa2 personal security for months now...so suddenly yesterday it asked for the password...I have put it in dozens of times...

Changed the password...went with different securities...nothing...I even bought a Netgear N150 router today just to eliminate the router...still nothing...but it will connect without any security on the router...

Also have reset the network settings about 5 times now...and I have a HTC Thunderbolt that connects just fine...

So...the usual researching different forums yielded that this is a common problem but no real solutions...

I've done about everything there is that I have read except do a full restore...

Anyone else have any suggestions?...

I appreciate it...

Last edited:
Change the ssid in the router and set a new password and see if it connects. Sounds like its cached wrong or something.

Change the ssid in the router and set a new password and see if it connects. Sounds like its cached wrong or something.

Thanks for the reply...

Tried that...still nothing...and agree about the cache thing...

I was on the phone with a tech from Netgear and went through his recommended settings and still didn't work...

We went with WEP and the first key for the password...nothing...

I will try your suggestion again...

Thanks again for the reply...

*update*

I took it in to the apple store and they done a full restore and everything's up and going...That was my last resort but that did fix it...

Glad you got it fixed! Unfortunately, many people live much too far from an Apple Store. There should be one around every corner :)

Glad you got it fixed! Unfortunately, many people live much too far from an Apple Store. There should be one around every corner :)

Thanks...It was an hour drive for me and totally agree...