What's new

No Power button. How do I downgrade?

You are in DFU mode when the iPhone screen stays blank/black. This should be the outcome when you run the DFU ipsw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are in DFU mode when the iPhone screen stays blank/black. This should be the outcome when you run the DFU ipsw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that. I can get into DFU fine, and can confirm it in System Profiler. But I must not be making something clear to allow you to help me.

-If I restore with my custom ipsw, I get the -1 error, I am stuck in recovery mode.

-To fix this, I need to use the recovery fix.

-To use recovery fix, I need to be in DFU mode

-to be in DFU mode, I need to run back through restoring with a ipsw that leaves the phone in recovery mode.

-But when I am sitting in DFU mode, I now cannot select recovery fix, AND (maybe Im wrong on this), but I have now reinstalled my DFU 6.0 anyway.

I understand that. I can get into DFU fine, and can confirm it in System Profiler. But I must not be making something clear to allow you to help me.

-If I restore with my custom ipsw, I get the -1 error, I am stuck in recovery mode.

-To fix this, I need to use the recovery fix.

-To use recovery fix, I need to be in DFU mode

-to be in DFU mode, I need to run back through restoring with a ipsw that leaves the phone in recovery mode.

-But when I am sitting in DFU mode, I now cannot select recovery fix, AND (maybe Im wrong on this), but I have now reinstalled my DFU 6.0 anyway.

OK, just realized one stupid thing I was doing. I was using the DFU.ipsw made from my 6.0. I needed to recreate a new DFU.ipsw from my custom ipsw. That will get me one step closer.

You can create an IPSW which you've already done. Try "re-downgrading" with another PC. I know for a fact that -1 error is based on system and terminal. I believe there was a way to put a device into DFU but it requires SSH on your device. Since your device hit this brick wall AFTER attempting to downgrade, you won't have SSH on there. However, I believe there's also a way to put it into DFU using a .jar extension file. I think I have it on my laptop, which is back at home at the moment. I'll see if I can manually find it again or get my brother to turn on my laptop so I can remote access it.

Any luck finding the .jar file?