What's new

no cydia on my iphone 4

mourad.boudraa

Reaction score
Hi guys
i've just received a new iphone 4 :iphone4vert:(4.3.1) FW 04.10.01 , working with my sim normaly (non AT&T ) but got no Cydia on it , is this mean my device is unloked , but not jailbroken ? , and what to do to have cydia , and if i need to jailbreak it , is that gonna cancel the unlock ?
please help me guys

It's normal that you have no cydia on your device. You will need to jailbreak your device to have cydia installed on it. But your baseband will give you hard time as it's not unlock-able at the moment using ultrasnow. But there is an option to unlock your phone once jailbreaked which is to purchase "gevey sim".

Last edited:
that baseband has no unlock so unless gevey sim was used then i dont see how it would of been unlocked... but that would not stop you being able to jailbreak

Hi guys and thank you for answerinf so fast
us you said , i can jailbreak my :facetime:, what soft will i use for that ? and will i loose the ability to to use my sim after ? because am using it now , it's factory unlocked iphone 4 16 GB
thanks in advence

Last edited:
Hi guys and thank you for answerinf so fast
us you said , i can jailbreak my :facetime:, what soft will i use for that ? and will i loose the ability to to use my sim after ? because am using it now , it's factory unlocked iphone 4 16 GB
thanks in advence

Well if you are sure that your baseband is a factory unlock one, then there is no worries. Get the latest redsnowand download the latest iOS and jailbreak. When done you should be able to use your sim without any issue.
I'm wondering how you know that your baseband is factory unlock or not? That baseband have 2 version, one which is factory unlock and one other version which is carrier lock. It's not the fact that you are able to use the sim on your phone at the moment which make your phone a factory unlock one, but if you are capable of using any carrier sim card on your device, then it's a factory unlock one and you can use redsnow and jailbreak it right away.