What's new

Brick IPhone 4??

gio

Reaction score
Yesterday I update some apps on cydia and the phone reboot, after that the iphone got situck on the apple logo, I try to restore with the 4.2.1 FW and Itunes gives me the 3194 error, I point the host to cydia and the same thing happens, I used tyni umbrella to search for the SH's for my iphone and says wrong device but show ECID wich I use on redsnow to search for the SH and the app retuned "Nothing is known about the device with ECID XXXXXXXXX.Please try fetching the current blobs from it first. So if my iphone is so screwed that cydia can't recognize then I can't install a 4.X.X version of IOS???? Help Meeeee!!!

I know what I'd do, you may not want to go this route. I'd put it in DFU, hook up to iTunes and get the 5.0 upgrade, then use Redsnow and Semi-tether to jailbreak and start all over. My iPhone 4 is doing great with this setup, I just never reboot, but if I need to I have Redsnow and the IPSW on my home and work computers so easy access. That being said, as soon as I can switch over to untether, I'll do it.

Might want to hold off on what I suggested above. Apple started 5.0.1 to the public today and it may interfere with the ability to untether jailbreak when it's released.