What's new

Restore iphone 4 with ios 4.3.5 after tethered jailbreak using redsnow

Aarish

Reaction score
Guys i have iphone 4 with ios 4.3.5 and i used redsnow to do a tethered jailbreak on my phone. But now i want to update my phone to ios 5. But when i start the process it always shows the error 3194. I have tried removing cydia using cydelete and modifying my host file at pc but the error still remains unresolved. Can anybody please help!!!

Doon't remove the host file... try this:

IP Addresses used in host file:
  • 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com if it doesn't work, choose the second one
  • 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

If you are trying to restore a stock iOS, you should just remove (or comment out) ALL lines which relate to gs.apple.com from your hosts file. Then you can be sure you are communicating with them...

If you have TinyUmbrella installed, just start it, switch to the Advanced tab, and UNTICK the "Set Hosts to Cydia on exit" option, then close it. You should then be good to go...

I have tried tiny umbrella and i have tried both the ip addresses. Some say keep the host file with without gs.apple ips (as mentioned in apple trouble shooting). others suggest deleting the host file and like u suggested keeping them, it still doesn't work. I would like to add 1 more thing. When i run the diagnostics it says it cant establish secure connection to itunes store. Please let me know is it mandatory to have a green bulb there in order to restore?
Thanks a lot.
I appreciate both of u helping me out!