What's new

Can't remove jailbreak or restore 4.3.5

Cozzie121

Reaction score
I am really hoping someone can help here and I know this has been asked before but I can't seem to get it to work.- I have an iphone 3gs that was updated to firmware 4.3.5, baseband 5.16.02. I successfully jailbroke using redsn0w but would now like to take the phone back to standard, removing the jailbreak. To jailbreak I downloaded redsn0w and the fw for 4.3.4 and 4.3.5. I pointed redsn0w at 4.3.4 when applying the jailbreak. - I have tried to go to itunes and 'restore' but I am getting the error '3194'.....

I've tried d/l TU and changing the tick box which doesn't seem to make a difference, I've also tried removing all the gs.apple in the file and even though I am the administrator on win7 it won't let me save the file. I've tried following the guides but can't seem to get the phone restored.

I've read as many posts but I'm either doing something wrong or I've knacked it somehow. I'd really appreciate any wisdom you guys have got to offer? Thanks in advance.

For those who are still stuck on this, I have eventually managed to fix the problem if you are having issues with TU or admin rights and I am currently restoring and removing the jailbreak. Hope this helps...

Please Follow the steps below

Exit iTunes
  • Locate your hosts file:
    • In Mac OS X /etc/hosts
    • In Windows c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
  • Open the hosts file with Administrator privileges using Notepad.
  • Add the following lines to the very bottom of the hosts file:
  • #74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
  • Connect your device to the computer
  • Put device into DFU Mode by turning your device off and then holding down the sleep and power button for 10 seconds, then release the power button but hold onto the home button until iTunes tells you that the device is now in recover mode
  • Launch iTunes
  • Use the iTunes Restore feature as usual with the iOS device

I have eventually managed to fix the problem, and it has really helped, thanks to this forum and Cozzie 121. I removed the first four steps that were mentioned here, even then I was able to restore.

Please Follow the steps below

• Connect your device to the computer
  • Put device into DFU Mode by turning your device off and then holding down the sleep and power button for 10 seconds, then release the power button but hold onto the home button until iTunes tells you that the device is now in recover mode
  • Launch iTunes
  • Use the iTunes Restore feature as usual with the iOS device.
  • Cool, isn't it
I was searching for this restore thing for a long time, Now I will upgrade my iphone to I.O.S 5 and then will find complete unteethered jailbreak for the same.
Please do send me the link for untethered jail break for ios 5,

Regards,

Shabih