What's new

Cydia problems on iPhone 3G!

basedg0d

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm having problems with my new unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3G.
Before I installed a source onto Cydia and then after that whenever I ran it, it would not get past the loading data screen, even after rebooting
Then I decided to install Icy thru iPhone Folders on the computer
Next I thought I would remove and reinstall Cydia Installer thru Icy but now I can't find a way to reinstall Cydia.
Help me please! Thanks.

Yeah you got it right, the only way you reinstall cydia is to jailbreak the iPhone again, meaning you are going to factory restore your iPhone using iTunes or you cook your IPSW and use iTunes to restore it then you jailbreak after that, cydia will then be back on your iPhone.

Yeah you got it right, the only way you reinstall cydia is to jailbreak the iPhone again, meaning you are going to factory restore your iPhone using iTunes or you cook your IPSW and use iTunes to restore it then you jailbreak after that, cydia will then be back on your iPhone.

Or download the Cydia deb file, and install it with iFile. If iFile is already installed that is.

Hey guys,
I'm having problems with my new unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3G.
Before I installed a source onto Cydia and then after that whenever I ran it, it would not get past the loading data screen, even after rebooting
Then I decided to install Icy thru iPhone Folders on the computer
Next I thought I would remove and reinstall Cydia Installer thru Icy but now I can't find a way to reinstall Cydia.
Help me please! Thanks.

Icy is also not recommended. Just use Cydia.

Or download the Cydia deb file, and install it with iFile. If iFile is already installed that is.

:) downloading cydia deb file and install it using iFile? if doing this is possible and workable then he needs to know which version of the deb file to download. Rejailbreaking the iPhone is the best solution IMO as it will come out clean.

bab2010 said:
:) downloading cydia deb file and install it using iFile? if doing this is possible and workable then he needs to know which version of the deb file to download. Rejailbreaking the iPhone is the best solution IMO as it will come out clean.

I don't see how I installing the deb manually would not be "clean".

Just search in google for Cydia 1.1.5 download. It's pretty easy to find.

Just place it any where where you can access it in iFile, tap it, then tap installer.

I always place debs directly in / (Raw File System) via i-FunBox.

I don't see how I installing the deb manually would not be "clean".

Just search in google for Cydia 1.1.5 download. It's pretty easy to find.

Just place it any where where you can access it in iFile, tap it, then tap installer.

I always place debs directly in / (Raw File System) via i-FunBox.

Well good to know. Have you personally installed cydia like that in the past without issues afterward? I want to know it for my own need in future if I come to have to deal with something like this about cydia.

bab2010 said:
Well good to know. Have you personally installed cydia like that in the past without issues afterward? I want to know it for my own need in future if I come to have to deal with something like this about cydia.

Never. It's very simple. I always install the latest version of Cydia. The version that redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze would not install. exempt as soon as the latest redsn0w came out (the tehered for 5.1 support), anyone that used it would get the actual "latest" version of Cydia Installer. unlike all previous version before. There was alway another higher version, that was not released to the public.

Place it somewhere easy to access to from iFile, tap it, tap installer.....tap done.

No need to respring or reboot. Just reinstalling the GUI installer.