What's new

Newbie and Former Android User

ShadowFerret

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a former Android owner and lifelong Apple h8tr. But I'm cured. I finally reached the point where I want my tech to work flawlessly and my Android never did. I had to factory reset it something like 4 times in the past year. My wife's android phone was even worse and one day it just would not turn on again. She had tried Blackberry, then android, so she wanted an iPhone, because all her friends had one.

Fine. Get an iPhone. Go to the other side. Well, she loved her iPhone and whereas I kept having issues with my android, it would freeze up, I could hardly ever hear anyone on it, half the time it wouldn't even make a call unless I pulled the battery, her phone was flawless.

So I finally got fed up and got my own iPhone, just before Christmas and I love it. As a phone, it's great. I can hear clearly on it and don't have to find a quiet space when I'm out in public. And as a smartphone, it's so much faster and smoother than my android ever was.

So far I only have 2 issues. One is just a silly app that was on the android that I haven't found on here. Google Sky where I could hold my phone up to the sky and it would show and label all the stars I looked at. The second is taking video. I took a 2-1/2 minute video the other day and it's 800+ megs (4x the size of an android video)! I can't post it anywhere it because it's so big and it took forever to transfer to my PC by cable, but even so, the video doesn't play on my PC without being jerky with these weird pauses. Is there some converter app I need to convert the .mov into a usable .mp4?

Anyway, I hope to learn a lot of useful things here.

Welcome to the forum. I think you will simply need to add more ram to your computer to be able to play those heavy videos your iPhone making. Even if you find a converter, it will not be easy for the converter to convert it onto a mp4 format because the original file is still huge and your computer will still need more ram if not the converter will freeze.

I already have 2gig of memory. That still doesn't solve the problem of uploading that huge file to Facebook. Oh well. I'm thinking of leaving the PC arena too and moving over to 100% Apple products.

Hey there, I'm also a former droider and apple h8ter but I switched and haven't looked back. If you are looking for a better way to upload videos to fb you can first put them on YouTube. I know it sounds tedious but the iPhone actually uploads to YouTube much faster than directly on to your computer. Then simply put the link on fb. It is also a good way to store your videos as you noticed with the iPhone taking 1080p video it uses a ton of memory. I went to a concert recently a recorded several songs and found each video was just over 1gb. Glad I got the 64gb 4s. Hope this helps, might seem tedious but I think it is actually faster.