What's new

New unused iPhone

Elizabeth

Reaction score
Can't see anyone with this problem so hope for some help. Have just received a brand new unopened iPhone 4 bought through eBay. The seller had left the Packing List in the parcel to show he'd bought it from the online Apple Store. It's for my son overseas and we just need to jailbreak it before we leave the US. We use an AT&T pay as you go card which our own 3GS was fine with before we jailbroke that last year. This new iPhone won't start with the Apple logo - just goes to the itunes logo and a USB cable picture. I presume it wants to be connected to the computer - when I did that itunes comes on and asks for the billing ZIP and last three digits of the SSN for a phone number shown which I assume is the seller's. To change the phone number requires a phone call to AT&T and we don't have a SSN anyway. Anyone know how to get around this without sending it back to the seller to activate? Presume he wouldn't want to tell us his SSN over the phone! We cut out AT&T SIM card to fit and same thing happened. The Sim still works in another phone without the adapter by the way.

Thanks for your reply. It didn't work as I couldn't get anything up on iTunes except the request to validate the phone but problem solved because the seller gave me his SSN last four digits!!!

Thanks for your reply. It didn't work as I couldn't get anything up on iTunes except the request to validate the phone but problem solved because the seller gave me his SSN last four digits!!!

lol, well problem solved.....