What's new

Iphone 3gs have I killed it?

djpleasure

Reaction score
Got an iphone 3gs, purchased for my mother so she has a screen she can read as opposed to her old HTC Dual Touch, was jailbroken but seller did a factory reset.
There after I have a sim card issue so just cannot activate the phone
I tried redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2 and iPhone2,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore but problems still persist.
All i can get is to the setup screen, get as far as wifi setup, then cannot connect to server, try via Itunes and sim problem.

Any help greatly appreciated

not sure how to find out, i cant access any info, turn phone on and I get configure screen but cant go any further than wifi searching etc.
If i press info button on main screen I get the imei and below that says ICCID: Unknown

Try using Sn0wBreeze. Google "Sn0wBreeze" the first link, and download Sn0wBreeze to hactivate your 3GS. Only works on iOS 5.1.1 or below, so if it doesn't work, then your iPhone is on iOS 6. If the seller restored it within the past few weeks, most likely it'll be iOS 6.

Try using Sn0wBreeze. Google "Sn0wBreeze" the first link, and download Sn0wBreeze to hactivate your 3GS. Only works on iOS 5.1.1 or below, so if it doesn't work, then your iPhone is on iOS 6. If the seller restored it within the past few weeks, most likely it'll be iOS 6.

Ok, tried using snowbreeze but failed, so then tried tiny umbrella and then stitched the blobs, itunes shift + restore, failed.

Tried to restore via Itunes to ios 6, get error 3194 could not be restored

To fix that error, put your device into DFU mode before shift+restoring

Ok, tried using snowbreeze but failed, so then tried tiny umbrella and then stitched the blobs, itunes shift + restore, failed.

Tried to restore via Itunes to ios 6, get error 3194 could not be restored

error 3194 usually points to iTunes host files have been changed....use tinyumbrella... in the Advanced tab uncheck "set host to Cydia on exit"....close/'X' out of tinyumbrella.... then restore with iTunes...