What's new

Jailbreaking my iPhone 4s with iOS 6.1.3 version

fthnm2005

Reaction score
Greetings all!
Just joined this forum and am a newbie here. I want to jailbreak my iPhone 4s and need anyone's advice for this, please

I signed up for a new phone upgrade (Samsung GS4, not that it matters here) and need to send this phone overseas so that my mom can skype with us hassle free (i.e. without having to use a laptop). So, I got this iPhone 4S legally unlocked by AT&T (i already tested it with t-mobile micro-sim card and it is working, so I think it is unlocked). The unlocking of the phone required me to reset the phone to the factory defaults by erasing all the data completely and restoring it as a new phone and had installed the latest version of iOS 6.1.3.

Initially wanted to just set up the phone w/o jailbreaking, but iTunes is asking me for a CC and account to do anything. I simply don't want my mom to bother with iTunes, so thought maybe I should jailbreak it so that we don't need iTunes for anything (is this correct assessment, by the way? Isn't that what jailbreaking is for, i mean to free you from iTunes dependence?)

I did look up the Sticky thread for jailbreaking methods, but I need someone's advice what method would be good for me given my iPhone's status. I would truly be grateful for any tips and advice, please!

Thanking you all in advance!
Frank

Alright, I think I was able to find out that jailbreak currently is not possible after reading other posts. is this correct?