What's new

New to iphone

My first cell phone was the original Motorola flip phone, circa 1995. LOL My first smart phone was a Blackberry and I went to the Droid X from there, my last Android phone was the Note 4 and I was quite pleased with it.

So far I haven't had a lot of questions because I am very familiar with IOS having used iPads for the last 5 years, and switching to Mac last year.
I decided to switch to iPhone to complete my migration and have everything sync so seamlessly, airdrop is so handy.

I also have to say that I really enjoy not having to have antivirus apps running and slowing everything down. I know I still have to use common sense and be cautious, but it's nice to not have to be cautious to the point of paranoia.

I really liked the camera on the Note 4, but I have to say I'm not at all disappointed in the camera on this one and I like the option of being able to shoot in RAW if I choose, I've only just begun to play with the camera but so far I'm pleased with it. I haven't bothered to use my DSLR in quite a while, the phone is so much handier and pic quality has really improved in the last few years, the ability to shoot RAW really helps, especially with Lightroom mobile right on the phone.

My first cell phone was the original Motorola flip phone, circa 1995. LOL My first smart phone was a Blackberry and I went to the Droid X from there, my last Android phone was the Note 4 and I was quite pleased with it.

So far I haven't had a lot of questions because I am very familiar with IOS having used iPads for the last 5 years, and switching to Mac last year.
I decided to switch to iPhone to complete my migration and have everything sync so seamlessly, airdrop is so handy.

I also have to say that I really enjoy not having to have antivirus apps running and slowing everything down. I know I still have to use common sense and be cautious, but it's nice to not have to be cautious to the point of paranoia.

I really liked the camera on the Note 4, but I have to say I'm not at all disappointed in the camera on this one and I like the option of being able to shoot in RAW if I choose, I've only just begun to play with the camera but so far I'm pleased with it. I haven't bothered to use my DSLR in quite a while, the phone is so much handier and pic quality has really improved in the last few years, the ability to shoot RAW really helps, especially with Lightroom mobile right on the phone.
I too had a few Motorola flip phones. Best one was the Startac. That phone was great.

After having my iPhone 7+ since November, I don't see myself going to any other phone. Everything JUST WORKS on this phone. No more glitches, reboots, etc...

Except for one thing. Still have to manually tell the phone to go to Bluetooth--when the phone is already sync'd in my truck--but not all the time. Guess I've just gotten used to it and make sure to select Bluetooth when I get a call. Not all the time just some calls which is weird to me.

Again, I'd recommend this phone.

Craig

Last edited:
What are your reasons if l may ask and how long we're you with IOS?

Well, I will admit, the iPhone 7 plus is a fantastic phone. Does a lot of awesome things. I will also admit that it has been the fastest phone I've ever had. The speakers are also the beat since the old HTC boomsound speakers!!
However, I am a person who likes to changes things up all of the time. Android allows that for me. I was hoping that jailbreak was coming soon, but all I have read has told me that it would not be happening anytime soon for this phone. Lots of options there.
It drives me mad that I cannot change simple things within the app itself. I have to to to the settings and find the app and even then, can't really change much. I found a few apps that allowed some of that like Spark Email (best email on either platform.) However, it's just not enough.
The fact that the volume for media, ringtones, alarms, and system is all tied together also drove me mad.
I bought an Apple Watch and even that was so limiting. No way to buy extra watchfaces. Faces that looked better than the ones that came with it.
I hate the gallery as well. I can sort them, but couldn't get rid of the other folders that it originally forms and if I put them say, in my "kids" album and went to take it out of the camera roll, it deleted it from the whole thing. It made it very messy for me.
I miss my back buttons soooooo much. The slide worked well with some apps and not at all with others.
I hate that every little thing costs and costs more than android. I won't know too much, because the OS does allow for a somewhat smooher experience.
If this was able to be jaikbroken, I'd probably stuck with it just to see who that worked out, however, I miss my android. I miss the back button and settings the most. The ability to really interact with apps in the notification slider as well.

I really tried liking this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still miss my back button as well. It seems like such a glaring omission to me. I've gotten used to not having one, but I still miss it.

Back button, the ability to stick apps / icons anywhere, volume controls, widgets and status bar stuff like temp are what I really miss in iOS.

Reachability is really nice on iOS though.