What's new

New to forum with 4.2 synch problems. Hi!

Jeff Blaine

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just upgraded to iPhone software 4.2 and also Outlook 2010. At first I couldn't get Notes to synch. I read a post on this (or maybe another forum) and saw a fix that involved copying Notes from the "Notes" folder into the "Hand held synch" folder. Now I have two copies of each note in my iPhone 4. I'd rather not hand delete 1300 notes (yes, I use that application a lot!). Any thoughts for a quick fix will be much appreciated.

You probably need to delete them from one of the locations. Do you have the sync notes checkbox in iTunes selected?

Yes, I do have the synch notes box checked. I also tried a one time replace the notes on the iPhone with the notes from this computer. In addition, I did more the Notes in the "Notes" folder to the "Archive" folder. Still, double messages. Thanks for your response!

Yes, I do have the synch notes box checked. I also tried a one time replace the notes on the iPhone with the notes from this computer. In addition, I did more the Notes in the "Notes" folder to the "Archive" folder. Still, double messages. Thanks for your response!

I've fixed the problem! In Outlook 2010, I deleted the Notes in the Archive file, which were copied from my original Notes file (leaving it empty), but left copies only in the "Hand held synch" file. I now have single copies on my iPhone4, as desired. I hope that this may help some other frustrated iPhone4/Outlook Notes syncher.

BTW, my son, an HTC Evo owner was instrumental in solving this puzzle!

G'night!