What's new

New to forum with 4.2 synch problems. Hi!

Jeff Blaine

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just upgraded to iPhone software 4.2 and also Outlook 2010. At first I couldn't get Notes to synch. I read a post on this (or maybe another forum) and saw a fix that involved copying Notes from the "Notes" folder into the "Hand held synch" folder. Now I have two copies of each note in my iPhone 4. I'd rather not hand delete 1300 notes (yes, I use that application a lot!). Any thoughts for a quick fix will be much appreciated.

DannyBoy

Reaction score
You probably need to delete them from one of the locations. Do you have the sync notes checkbox in iTunes selected?

OP
J

Jeff Blaine

Reaction score
Yes, I do have the synch notes box checked. I also tried a one time replace the notes on the iPhone with the notes from this computer. In addition, I did more the Notes in the "Notes" folder to the "Archive" folder. Still, double messages. Thanks for your response!

OP
J

Jeff Blaine

Reaction score
Yes, I do have the synch notes box checked. I also tried a one time replace the notes on the iPhone with the notes from this computer. In addition, I did more the Notes in the "Notes" folder to the "Archive" folder. Still, double messages. Thanks for your response!

I've fixed the problem! In Outlook 2010, I deleted the Notes in the Archive file, which were copied from my original Notes file (leaving it empty), but left copies only in the "Hand held synch" file. I now have single copies on my iPhone4, as desired. I hope that this may help some other frustrated iPhone4/Outlook Notes syncher.

BTW, my son, an HTC Evo owner was instrumental in solving this puzzle!

G'night!

Most reactions

Latest posts