What's new

New Nokia 925 Ad Bashes iPhone 5 Camera Quality

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
Apple and the iPhone are no strangers to getting bashed on in advertisements from competitors, such as Samsung and Microsoft. This time around, Nokia's new commercial for the latest 925 model criticizes the iPhone 5's camera quality. The new ad spot compares the iPhone 5's 8 megapixel iSight camera to the 8.7 megapixel camera of the Nokia 925.

Nokia shows side-by-side comparisons of photos taken with the two smartphones, claiming that the 925 camera is better in overall quality. While the clarity in photos taken on the 925 seem to outweigh the iPhone 5 camera, take note that Apple's smartphone is nearly a year old. The Nokia 925 sports a Carl Zeiss lens, optical image stabilization, as well as dual-LED flash, a rumored feature for the iPhone 5S.

According to previous reports from popular photo sharing website Flickr, more users upload photos from taken from an iPhone than any other device in the world. The 925 may take great looking photos, but with a rumored 13 megapixel camera and iOS 7 in the upcoming iPhone 5S, we doubt users will want to switch operating systems just for a few extra photo details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Megapixels are just a small part of the digital camera equation. But, I suppose Nokia is hoping the people aren't smart enough to know that.

Megapixels are just a small part of the digital camera equation. But, I suppose Nokia is hoping the people aren't smart enough to know that.
Sensors and lenses are very important, however, the quality on the 925 still looks great!

The iPhone 5 photos are not that bad I think Nokia is using false iPhone 5 pics

Nokia: Our camera is better, that's enough of a reason to buy our devices.

Some photos, that they used in comparison, especailly the split screen ones are impossible to make if you took each photo individually by each camera and then spliced them together. The moving ballerina for example, that was just a photo taken and ruined one side and put iphone name on one side and lumia on another -- that's where you know it's fake... I'll see if i can upload photos ive taken with my wives iphone 5, we just got it, and in the dark, and in the light it's extremely good. specially of nature, rain, and moving objects. I was able to capture a rollecoaster coming at me with 7 shots while it passed. we're talking less then 2 seconds of duration from when it appeared over the loop to where it was behind me. Matching that to my digital camera (second time it came around) it captured ones (as it appeared over the loop) the second photo was after it passed by. Every one of the 9 photos (two after it passed) were sharp on my computer screen. To do this, I had no flash (not needed) and we didnt know about HDR option yet. With HDR it was a bit slower. But i didnt see quality in pictures difference with or without HDR when i tried it again. Same day - same park, I took pictures of butterflies in flight or sitting of flowers, the camera blurred the background and focused on the butterfly - it was absolutely a shock to see it do that -- last time I saw this effect perform that well was using an SLR camera. If lumia photos are great - they are just that: great - but I rather have the whole iOS with my phone too. Instead of windows or android. (Chill out, fanboys, I prefer iOS, yes - I'm not hitler).

I think many famous and nameless brands once bashed iPhone against camera quality,for example THL W11,which owns the same front and back camera, but no one made it .cos camera is only a small component to make the bravo iPhone ,in my view,iPhone is still the best smart phone.

I remember I used to buy nothing but nokias, when I would need a new phone I would not even look at other phones, just go directly to the nokia website and see whats new.. I hate when companies, even apple bash other in adverts