What's new

New Iphone owner - which protective case?

Merlecollins

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just joined the forum and would be grateful of any guidance you can offer.

I have had Blackberries for years now and always went with Otterbox cases but, with the arrival of my new 4S imminent, am wondering if there are any other high quality makes that cater for Iphones?

Lifeproof cases are very nice a little more expensive of a case but they protect your phone from basically everything ie. waterproof disproof other things like that and doesn't add a whole lot of bulk like the otterbox cases do

Lifeproof cases are very nice a little more expensive of a case but they protect your phone from basically everything ie. waterproof disproof other things like that and doesn't add a whole lot of bulk like the otterbox cases do

Just had a look at these and true enough they look pretty awesome, but not easy to get quickly in the UK....

Also looked at the Otterbox Defender, which seems to be readily available over here.

I'm pretty sure if you order from life proof they ship all over and the CEO guy is from the UK or Australia he had a accent sorry lol can't decipher between the 2.

Lifeproof case they are the best but a little expensive but offer lots of protection.

I'm very happy with my Otterbox Defender. Tried the Commuter too but it didn't feel protective enough for me.

I recommend otterbox. I personally have the defender series which was made for people like me. I'm very clumsy. I dropped my phone from a distance of about 4 1/2 ft and all it did was get the outer part of the otterbox a little dirty. Which came clean easily.
They have other otterboxes that protect different things. You can read about them at otterbox(dot)com. If you decide to get one, I'd find the one you want then look it up on eBay.

Also, my daughter has an iPod touch that has the otterbox defender series. She was 3 when she got it (just turned 4), my other daughter is 2 yrs old also plays with it. It still works great.
Anything that can survive a 2 and 3 year old is pretty amazing. (they are extremely destructive for girls... Nothing survives them. They should make an otterbox for toys lol)

Highly highly recommend otterbox. The price, even from otterbox(dot)com is more than worth the price you pay. Usually around 50$... I got mine from eBay for 20$.
I'm telling you, I can't stress it enough. You will be happy with one of these. They come in different colors. I'm a girl so it's pink and black. I wanted pink and white. But eBay doesn't have everything.
Good luck in your search for a case!!!
Have a great day XD

Thanks everyone...

I am now the proud owner of a Otterbox Defender in a very fetching two tone teal colour scheme ;-)

It does look pretty indestructible and I am looking forward to housing my 4S in it, when I actually GET my 4S. Should be here by the weekend!

I've also just bought 2 second hand 3G handsets for my two daughters - 'Facetime' here we come!

I have had Otterbox defender cases on every phone and IPOD Touch that I have owned for years. They are a very good case. However two days ago the belt clip just broke on the case for Evo 3D. I have never had one break like this and it was less than a month old. I contacted Otterbox about this and they could care less. I remember years having a issue with one of their cases and they bent over backwards to make me happy. Boy, how things have changed. About a month ago I purchased, yet another Defender case for the brand new Touch that I purchased. Cost the usual $45.00, but when I arrived home with it there was no belt clip at all. I contacted them and was told they no longer provide the belt clip for the IPod Touch. That is one of the main reasons why I use this case. I also don't agree for basically charging me the same cost as a case that comes with a belt clip, only to leave it out. I have read several posts on other forums where folks have said the QC has gone downhill and their CS has as well. I must say that I am going to give some other companies to earn my business and the Lifeproof is at the top of the list.
Good Luck
NCH