What's new

New iPhone 4 needs 10.5.8 Help!

123Lesley

Reaction score
Hi....I'm new to this Forum and need some help.

I have an iPhone 3 and just purchased an iPhone 4. Now I find out that I can't sync my new iphone with my computer as I still have OS X 10.4.11. Ok maybe I'm an idiot for not checking first, but I had no idea I would not be able to use my cell phone without upgrading my computer.

Does anyone know a cheap place to buy Leopard OS. I cannot use Snow Leopard as I do not have an Intel Processor.

My husband has a 10 year old PC and a very old operating system and he has an iPhone 4.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Already spent $300 on the phone including Apple Care.

Set it up on his computer, that way you can share apps and music. Use the same log in for both. To make it easier, before you do, have him connect his iPhone to iTunes and rename his iPhone 4 in itunes to something like Joe's iPhone4, by clicking on the current name of his phone in the left hand column of iTunes, and renaming it. Now, when you attach your new iPhone4 you can rename it too, if you want to, to make it easier to identify who's is who's. Now you can set up your iPhone the way you want to and he can set up his the way he wants to. But, first, Go into iTunes and click the CTLR+, keys. (That's the Control key and the Comma key together) Select the DEVICES tab and check the box before "Prevent iPod, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically." Also, on the APPS tab for your iPhone make sure the box before "Automatically sync new apps." is not checked unless you both want to have all the same apps on your iPhones.
Under the MUSIC tab check box before "Sync Music", and then check the box before "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres.". Then check the Artist or songs you want to put on your iPhone. That way each of you can have the music you each like on your iPhones.