What's new

Need help choosing a phone..

LokiHero

Reaction score
My old phone broke, but I have enough credit to get a new one at a pretty cheap price. My question is, what are the advantages of getting an iphone 4 over something like an HTC EVO 4G LTE? They are both the same price to me. My older phone was an HTC EVO 4G. I don't really have any needs, but I liked the picture quality on my old phone and the fact that I could play some games on it and surf the web. That's pretty much it. I don't know much about the iPhone, but it seems like you can play higher quality games than on a normal phone, which I would enjoy.

thanks

Hi Lokihero...

Well since you are asking here on an iPhoneforums site, I will personally say that I am pleased with the speed and capabilities of the iPhone. I have the iPhone 5. Previous to that, I owned a Droid 2, which was also a decent phone for its time. However after my phone died, I decided to go Apple and am pleased with the change. There are so many options of apps to choose from. The use of the phone is fairly easy. Picture quality is great! Hopefully others will give you their thoughts, since I am not familiar with the HTC to compare with.

Also, welcome to the forum. Please have a look at the forum rules when you get the chance:http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/f...um-rules-please-read-respect-our-rules-30950/

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Try to get an iPhone 4s or iPhone 5 so that your device is recent enough to keep up with upcoming iOS Firmwares.

I have 2 iPhones and one Samsung Galaxy S4 in my home. The Galaxy S4 (which is subsidized at $199 or less) is definitely better in my opinion. Got to use it to believe it!

As someone who has been using Android phones since the release of the HTC G1, I can honestly say that iOS is by far a better platform. Google makes drastic changes to the android user interface, causing users to stop what they're doing and learn a new UI. This happened going from Froyo to Gingerbread and again from Gingerbread to Honeycomb. This cavalier attitude toward the UI and their user base was the main reason I dumped Google's Android platform. iOS executes most of its code natively, while Android executes most of its code in a virtual machine. And, for that reason, Android will never be as fast or as smooth as iOS.

If you want a fast, smooth, mobile platform that doesn't cause you to stop what you're doing and re-learn a new UI, you're better off with iOS.

Just my $0.02

Try to get an iPhone 4s or iPhone 5 so that your device is recent enough to keep up with upcoming iOS Firmwares.
Running the latest iOS on my iPhone 4 without any problem! Just wanted to share my experience.

I would go Evo 4G LTE. I had that as my work phone. Nice crispy screen with a smooth processor. Sense does get bloated more than other OEM skins, but it does make up for it when it uses some nice features like Beats Audio. The iPhone 4 is completely outdated and I would not use it as a "cheap phone." Specs wise, you can get a lot more better phones than the iPhone 4 around the same price. Think about it this way, would you want a phone with less than a 1GB of RAM and a weaker processor that's worse than an iPad 2? The camera is outdated too because it is only 5MP. I would go with a 4S at the very least. You will not have Siri with the 4. LTE is in the Evo 4G LTE as well while the 4 has 3G. It is Sprint, so LTE is spotty, but vastly superior to their 3G speeds. Heck, 4G Wiimax is not half bad since the coverage is broad.