What's new

Need some convincing to stay..looking to switch to the Droid X

Buy an unlock iphone and get different service provider. I returned the AT&T iphone and bought an unlock iphone from Canada for use in US.

ATT network for me is always hit or miss. i always had better reception with verizon.

droid x is a good phone. if you can get better service with verizon, why not? switch and get the iphone for verizon when it comes out ( if it comes out) :)

doesnt look like your getting convinced to stay :X

I just switched to the IPhone from the droidx. No regrets. The droid X is a POS. it freezes constantly, apps appearing and reappearing at will. The sound quality is horrid, low at times and too high at other. Verizon reps are snooty people, tell you that they don't have problems with the droid phones, I just look at the in awe.
My wife and I both have droids, hers being the droid 1, which repeatedly would send emails over and over again, even after being deleted from both the server and the phone, they would magically appear.

I have good service from ATT at my house and haven't had any dropped calls yet (knock on wood). I don't suggest anyone getting a droid phone. If you read the droid forums, you will see all the problems they have with the droid, but yet people buy them left and right.

If you want reason to stay with ATT then all I can say don't switch, cause the IPhone is alot better phone the droid will ever be or hope to me. But I can't convince you to stay.

Great news about the AT&T network upgrades. However, I wonder if the iPhone 4 will be able to use the new upgrades (LTE or 4G...) or will newer hardware (iPhone 5??) be needed? Just thinking out loud....

Everyone will need the next iPhone which will be 4g capable. I think the verizon iPhone 4 will be 4g capable but AT&T will get the iPhone 5 or whatever apple calls the next one in the spring.

Thanks everyone for the help, I think I will be staying with the iPhone for now. :)

Since you asked..
My husband has Verizon and I have AT&T, I hate it. I always have to worry about going over my minutes when I talk to him because its not free, it sucks. He refuses to come to AT&T so guess that means I'll stick to texting with him. ;)

Okay i just switched from verizon on the droid x and perviously the the droid 1 the andriods are great but theres are forces closes it does not come as a loaded phone as in you need to download alot of things and tweak things all the time to get them to work i was a andriod user for a year and this is my first iphone im on the iphone 4 and no regrets i absolutly love iphone 4 the only thing it needs is a notification light and flash and its the perfect phone

And not counting the useless stuff that Verizon puts on their phones, cause someone pays them to do it. Useless junks as city id, skype (especially if you don't use it like me) amongst other stuff you don't ever need or will use. When I got my Iphone it was just a simple problems...

And not counting the useless stuff that Verizon puts on their phones, cause someone pays them to do it. Useless junks as city id, skype (especially if you don't use it like me) amongst other stuff you don't ever need or will use. When I got my Iphone it was just a simple problems...

you can get rid of all that stuff with rooting the phone there are plenty of hacks avaiable to use on the phone and there are also blurless rom's so the x is awasome once you unlock it and overclock it

Okay i just switched from verizon on the droid x and perviously the the droid 1 the andriods are great but theres are forces closes it does not come as a loaded phone as in you need to download alot of things and tweak things all the time to get them to work i was a andriod user for a year and this is my first iphone im on the iphone 4 and no regrets i absolutly love iphone 4 the only thing it needs is a notification light and flash and its the perfect phone

Sorry, but could you add some.....any punctuation? That was tough to read.

Might be. But still won't make the droid x any better in my humble opinion.

Might be. But still won't make the droid x any better in my humble opinion.

egh you cant go wrong with it though im my oppion andriods will be better than apple in a year but the iphone is still better for the time being

droid x is not better than iphone, and the iphone is not better than the droid x. ur comparing apple and oranges. 2 diff processors with 2 diff uses.

droid x is not better than iphone, and the iphone is not better than the droid x. ur comparing apple and oranges. 2 diff processors with 2 diff uses.

No offense, but that's your opinion.

o rly?

it is my opinion that i think they are both diff types of phones aimed at 2 diff audiences? more like it was YOUR opinion to come off saying the droid sucks.

for a casual user, they will find the iphone sufficient enough with its easy to use interface, etc

for a user that needs to bluetooth files, go through their sd card and send specific files to clients, customize their interface, switch up roms, overclock, they more than likley will go with the droid.

the iphone can do stuff the droid cant do, the droid can do stuff the iphone cant do.

dont turn this into another droid vs iphone discussion.

the only way i can see you saying the droid sucks is if u dont know how to use it.

Last edited:

No offense, but that's your opinion.

o rly?

it is my opinion that i think they are both diff types of phones aimed at 2 diff audiences? more like it was YOUR opinion to come off saying the droid sucks.

for a casual user, they will find the iphone sufficient enough with its easy to use interface, etc

for a user that needs to bluetooth files, go through their sd card and send specific files to clients, customize their interface, switch up roms, overclock, they more than likley will go with the droid.

the iphone can do stuff the droid cant do, the droid can do stuff the iphone cant do.

dont turn this into another droid vs iphone discussion.

the only way i can see you saying the droid sucks is if u dont know how to use it.

excactly and these fan boys have obviously never used a droid before they dont understand how powerful these devices are specialy when there unlocked you can do anything with them and almost all the app's are free and the community doesnt reley on one or 2 people to unlock the phone try hundreds of people