What's new

need help with keyboard sound and screen lock/unlock sound

bulldog1983

Reaction score
I've had my iphone 4s for a few months now. The other day I connected it to my computer to sync with my itunes. I've synced it before without any issued. For some reason on this day my computer was acting very sluggish (I think cause I was running an anti-virus scan at the time) and I was having difficulty synching both my iphone and my regular ipod. Basically I connected my iphone and it showed up in itunes and started to sync. It got part way through syncing but then stopped responding. I couldn't cancel the sync, I also tried to hit the "removed USB device" icon on my computer but couldn't do that either. So I had to disconnect my iphone in the middle of syncing which I think you aren't supposed to do.

Ever since I've done this my keyboard no longer makes the clicking noise when you type and the lock/unlock sound also stopped. I tried turning these two sound options off and restarting my phone then turning them back on and restarting again and it hasn't worked. All other sounds work, and my phone updated to the new ios software last night and still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.