What's new

Sound problems

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have searched til I'm tired of searching. I have seen other people with similar issues, but my problem is not the button on the side. I have no sound unless I use the headphones. I have synced, updated, restarted, reset, etc. Is there an issue with the iPhone? Do I need to take it back to the store? Bought it on 06/02/11. I would think the phone should operate longer than 12 days.

What about the volume? Is it turned up? Have you install any kind of profile app on the phone? If yes uninstall the profile app.

I have this app, facebook & zynga poker. I had Slacker radio, but deleted it. I have restarted phone again since the first post & still no sound. Volume is all the way up. Have been to settings and tried a different ringtones. I can't even hear the preview. I only have sound with the headphones. I have read where people have tried plugging and unplugging headphones several times, but still no fix.

Did you use a third party wired headset? The issue with some of these non Apple headsets is that they have a slightly different tip configuration than the Apple ones. When they are inserted to the headset port on the iPhone 4, the switch that turns off the ear speaker is damaged or does not go back to its original position. Your iPhone still thinks that there is a jack inserted on the port, therefore you don't hear any sound from the ear speaker. This is usually fixed by inserting an Apple headset and try to jiggle it a little bit. If this doesn't work, reserve an appointment at the Genius Bar and have your iPhone replaced.

I have the apple headphones that came with the phone, but only used them today when I read about other people plugging and unplugging several times trying to fix. Still no fix. I don't know what a genius bar is? Am new to this. My other phone was a Razor. Just thought I should upgrade, starting to regret it now.

Now I can't even hear words in a song, just the music??? Am getting real tired of this problem. It's getting worse.

you probably just got a bad egg, I support about 300 iPhones ina corporate environment and I probably had about 10 with the same issue but most of them were from usng third party wired headsets. Take to the apple store and have them replace it. Make sure you set up an appointment through the Genius Bar, search the nearest Apple Store. apple dot com