What's new

iPhone 3gs weird problem, left side buttons not working and sound partially works.

eyaleyal

Reaction score
Weird problem for me, on iphone 3gs ios 5.1.1;
side buttons are not working at all (volume control and silent button), when a call is received ringtone is playing but earpiece doesn't work - only the speaker. However, the speaker does not work in any other instance (music, lock sounds, etc.).
All of these problems also exist when headphones are connected, even though when i plugged them in i could hear those static sounds that indicate the sound does indeed exist.
I am dumbfounded by this, no idea what so ever. Any help?

Did anything happen prior to this issue presenting itself? Or was it spontaneous.

Nothing special, no. It has been restored and upgraded recently and had some other issues before it (none like this).

Was the device previously jailbroken or anything? Siriports, etc

Before that it was on 4.2.1 jailbroken, right now its on 5.1.1 jailbroken. I have downgraded the bootrom from 6.15.00 and unlocked with ultrasn0w. Had SAM installed to fix iMessage problems and that's about it.

Did you ever fix the problem? I recall reading a while back about others with this problem that deleted a file related to connecting to an iHome, since it seems to be behaving as though it is always in iHome mode. I'm actually having this problem too, but I'm afraid to jailbreak my phone and delete something related to iHome since I like to use the iHome for my phone, so if you were able to find another solution, please let me know! :)