What's new

Syn'g to 2nd computor

Frisp

Reaction score
I've connected my iPhone to a new computer, moved across my files for the old one to the music folder in the new. Authorised the new computer, Associated the new computer with the transferred library holding shift then open iTunes.

When I connect my phone, iTunes starts, the sync starts on both iTunes and my phone, iTunes gets as far as backing up then stops (1 of5), my phone icon disappears from the iTunes page.

My iPhone however still thinks its sync'g and displays 'Sync in progress' the only way to stop this is to disconnect the iPhone from the computer.

My iPhone does not appear when connected in My computer

I use my iPhone for phone, email, messaging, useful apps and listening to books so I need to be confident that what is being sync'd does not impact what I have on the phone.

Any ideas how I can sort out this compatibility problem would be appreciated.

have you transfer purchased from your iPhone to your new computer? You should do that even though you have authorize the computer. Also try rebooting both your iPhone and the computer. Make sure that you are using the latest version of iTunes.

I'm running XP with SP3, I've got the latest version of iTunes and version 4.2.1 on the phone.

I wanted update iTunes with my purchases, how can I get a list of them all?

I can't get passed 1 of 5 backing up so don't want to think of updating software until I've a stable connection.

I can still use the other computer but its annoying that I can't use the one I prefer.