What's new

various sync probs

loosie

Reaction score
Hi,

I & my husband both have iphone 3gs op sys 4.2.1 & now running itunes 10.6.1.7. Computer o/s is Win XP. Have a few recent probs...

1. I've been able to sync my phone & all my music library gets synced to the computer. Until recently. Now there are a couple of songs on my phone that don't seem to be on my computer/itunes & doing a 'transfer purchases from ipod' doesn't work either.

2. Also as of a couple of months back, itunes inexplicably stopped syncing contacts to my yahoo email. It would never do calendar sync - anyone know if there's a way to do that yet??

3. Last prob is my husband's phone. I had set up another itunes under another 'user' on the computer, to avoid getting eachother's stuff. Was fine but the other day I went to sync his phone for him, first time in ages, and it wouldn't do it. Said 'synching, step 1 of 5 - backing up' but wouldn't go further than that. Tried a couple of times, tried rebooting, tried deleting heaps of songs & apps, incase it a memory prob(his phone only 8gig). Left it running & 'syncing' over night, the power went off & in the morn I got my hopes up because it said 'sync complete'.... then discovered when the computer automatically came on again it had booted into my username & itunes & synced all my stuff! So it seems to be a prob with the other user acct(?)

First, make sure that you have all of your needed tracks in both the iTunes libraries.

there are a couple of songs on my phone that don't seem to be on my computer/itunes

Were these tracks purchased off the iTunes Store? How did you download/import them to your iPhone in first place

Regarding Contact sync with Yahoo - check whether you have enabled iCloud contact sync as well. Note that you cannot have both enabled and if you have iCloud active, contacts would then not sync to your Y! account.

Thanks for your reply. OK, yes, spent ages making sure all necessary songs were in relevant itunes - the purpose of having 2 diff users. Did delete a heap off my husbands, as mentioned, to try to keep data transfer low for starters until I got it working, but it's not synching any.

Yes, the missing tracks would have been purchased off itunes & transferred to the phone normally with the next sync I did.

I'll check icloud. I don't recognise that name. Suppose I go into 'properties' or whatever it is on the phone for this.

didn't find icloud in settings/general or /mail & contacts on my phone, or in edit/preferences on itunes. I do have sharing over my home network enabled though?