What's new

iTunes Issue

johniphone4

Reaction score
when ever i go plug my phone into the computer, itunes connects and tries to to the sync and backup.. that's fine,.. but when ever i try and add a song to my play-list and sync it up it starts removing apps from my iphone, how do i stop it from removing apps?

Click the apps tab in your phones menu after plugging it in. Make sure all the apps you want synced are ticked. There's a box at the bottom of the list labled something like 'automatically sync new apps' make sure that's checked as well...

so once its plugged into the PC go to apps tab in iTunes? i did that but there is not 1 app listed in that itunes menu under my iphone

Choose your phone first then choose the apps tab along the top...

if i recall correctly i did that, but when i get home tonight i will try again and see what happens the get back to you. i do remember that right when i plug the phone in itunes quickly starts doing the sync then starts removing apps before i can even do anything so i end up having to quickly cancel the sync

You can uncheck the 'automatically start sync' box under the summary tab to stop it syncing as soonas you plug it in.

Let us know how you get on...

You can uncheck the 'automatically start sync' box under the summary tab to stop it syncing as soonas you plug it in.

Let us know how you get on...

there is no box you can uncheck saying "automatically start sync"mine.. (itunes 10.2.1.1)

and it is still trying to remove programs which i got from cydia.. i dont know what im doing wrong

i clicked the box saying automatically sync new apps and then i try and chance the window and it says do you want to change these settings? i say Apply then it says are you sure you want to remove so and so program along with 10 others? i dont want to remove them so im not sure what to do here... all im trying to do is add songs to my playlist.

iTunes isn't able to remove apps you got from cydia unless your talking about cracked apps that you should of downloaded from the app store...

so there is no way to use itunes with jailbroken programs?

well that sucks.. i wonder how people get around this issue

not sure what that is..i have Installous and i have a couple apps from there... when i connect to itunes and unclick the Auto sync new apps box it asks if i do want to delete the apps i have... which i dont want to.. anybody else have this issue and got around it?

That's the problem with cracked apps. They are illegal and not recognised by iTunes to it removes them. Also it is against forum rules to discuss it.

If you want the apps then pay for them...