What's new

Can't get my new iphone 4s to sync with itunes

bulldog1983

Reaction score
I upgraded to a brand new Verizon iphone 4s over the weekend. I have had itunes for years and had it synced with a couple different ipods and never had any issues. My phone iphone was activated in the Verizon store. I have my phone linked to the same itunes account that is on my computer, but I cannot get it to sync with my library. When I hook it up to the computer, it downloads the drivers and then shows that it is connected but won't sync. When I click on the sync button at the top of the window it will say something like "preparing to sync, step 1 of 6" and then it will go on to step 2 and 3 but then flies through the rest of it so quickly I can't read what it says. Then it says sync is complete but no music has been put onto my iphone.

How can I get my phone to sync correctly? (I've also tried syncing over wifi but it does the same thing)

Have you selected to sync music in itunes on the iPhone page?Select the phone in itunes,then at the top tabs go to music and select what you want to sync.

Last edited: