What's new

Need help upgrading my iPhone 3GS to latest unlocked software!

BrooklynSpartan

Reaction score
I've been stuck in ios 3 for 3 years and i want to upgrade to the latest software, i am not familiar with hacking ios devices, but done things in similar grounds. Please help me with step by step answers needed from my exact situation of my phone which i will post right now. And this is my first post! (Hi).

My phone is currently unlocked and jailbroken with cydia and i want ios 6 unlocked and jailbroken (if jailbroken is not possible, i don't mind but what i really need is unlocked to t-mobile, it is a must!).

iPhone 3GS
IOS: 3.1.3
Firmware: 05.13.04
Jailbroken and Unlocked with T-mobile

If any more information is needed, please let me know.

And thanks in advance!
Looking forward to contributing on this forum soon
smile.png

Last edited:
UltraSn0w is compatible with iOS 6. Upgrade to iOS 6, downgrade the baseband back to 05.13.04, then UltraSn0w it. Make sure to back up anything important.

Thanks for the reply, but how am i suppose to do all that? And will this give me unlock, jailbreak or both?

You'll need to downgrade your baseband to 05.13.04. To do so, it normally involves upgrading to the iPad baseband first. Jailbreak it, then install UltraSn0w from Cydia and it'll unlock your 3GS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've been stuck in ios 3 for 3 years and i want to upgrade to the latest software, i am not familiar with hacking ios devices, but done things in similar grounds. Please help me with step by step answers needed from my exact situation of my phone which i will post right now. And this is my first post! (Hi).

My phone is currently unlocked and jailbroken with cydia and i want ios 6 unlocked and jailbroken (if jailbroken is not possible, i don't mind but what i really need is unlocked to t-mobile, it is a must!).

iPhone 3GS
IOS: 3.1.3
Firmware: 05.13.04
Jailbroken and Unlocked with T-mobile

Your best bet is to build a Custom IPSW, for ios6.0 that will preserve your baseband ​....upgrade then a simple jailbreak and unlock....be aware IOS6.0 is a Tethered jailbreak...