What's new

How to upgrade an unlocked iphone 2GS and keep it unlocked?

hopper8

Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iphone iphone 2.2 and want to upgrade it, while maintaining my iphone unlocked (and if possibly jailbroken). After doing some research on the net, I don’t know exactly how to proceed and hope that some people in the forum will be able to help me.

1. Many people suggest using felixbruns
and others suggest using [FONT=&quot]PwnageTool. Do both of them serve the same purpose? If not, what are the differences? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. Downloading felixbruns seems much easier than using pwnage tool. But if use felixbruns to upgrade my iphone, will my iphone remain unlocked? And jailbroken? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3. Which version of iphone should I upgrade to? When I plug in my iphone to my mac, itunes suggests upgrading to 3.1.3, but I saw many web articles that suggest not upgrading to 3.1.3. because I won’t be able to unlock it? Should I then upgrade to 3.1.2[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4. If I need to use pwnage and upgrade to 3.1.3, where can I find a pwange tool that will enable me to do so? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I appreciate any help anyone could give me on these questions.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks so much,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hopper[/FONT]

Which on of the iPhones is called 2gs??? I've missed something again.

I think with some googling, you will be able to get a pwnage tool to jailbreak your iPhone. Are u talking about the 3gs? If yes, then just use a pwnage tool as you are on a Mac pc.