What's new

need help jailbreaking my iphone 3gs

kaitlin4599

Reaction score
hello i have an iphone 3gs 16 gig with ios 6.1.3 i want to downgrade it so i can have an untethered jailbreak how do i do this

well the iphone 3gs had ios 6.1.3 on it when i bought it but i did use tinyumbrella to save the SHSH files can you tell me how to get the blobs off my phone so i can downgrade

Unless blobs were previously saved, you cannot retrieve blobs other than the ones for the iOS that are currently being signed. In the case of the 3GS, you can save iOS 4.1 and 6.1.3 blobs. Blob retrieval from the device directly can work on LimeRa1n exploitable devices, but you must be on that iOS in order to retrieve them from the device directly. Since your device is on 6.1.3, it's the same as retrieving them from Apple.

If, however, your 3GS is an old bootrom, it's tethered jailbreakable regardless of the iOS it's on. You can check this by looking at the model number in Settings and see whether it starts with MB or MC

ok what if my iphone is MB715LL/A also i want to downgrade to what ever ios version will allow me to have an untethered jailbreak as i only use the phone for apps and music mainly i user it as an ipod and not as a phone

Last edited:
MB signifies an old bootrom. If you can also provide the 3rd, 4th and 5th digit of your serial number, we can validate that. If both items are in check, you can jailbreak using RedSn0w or Sn0wBreeze and it'll be an untethered jailbreak if and only if your serial number's 3rd/4th/5th digit is 940 or below (939, 938, 838, etc etc)

here is my serial number which i got by using tiny umbrella 88930QN63NP also not sure if this is relevant or not but the phone had ios version 6.1.3 on it when i bought it off ebay so i only have the blobs for the current 6.1.3 ios all of my research thus far tells me that 6.1.3 is tethered regaurdless of bootrom correct me if im wrong

Last edited:
Your device is an old bootrom 3GS. The old bootrom 3GS is untethered jailbreakable on any and all iOS, regardless of what other devices have. You can jailbreak using RedSn0w or Sn0wBreeze, both of which will result in an untethered jailbreak.

The old bootrom 3GS is the 359.3, and is permanently vulnerable to 24kpwn exploit which completely bypasses the signature checks during the boot process. 24kpwn + LimeRa1n is the basis of which the old bootrom 3GS can be untethered jailbroken universally with respect to iOS indefinitely.

well can you please direct me to a 6.1.3 3gs jailbreak guide using redsnow as this is my first time jailbreaking an ios device i dont wanna brick my iphone thanks

can some one point me to a 6.1.3 3gs jailbreak guide and also tell me what programs tyo use i dont wanna brick my phone and im new to this

That is the guide....

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

ok sorry didnt see the link you posted now before i jailbreak my iphone 3gs should i have a sim card in the phone just incase it tells me to activate it or no also how do i know which firmware to chose for my phone the guide is a bit confusing

Last edited: