What's new

help needed with 3gs jailbreak

epamanonda

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new on here hope you will be able to point me in the right direction. $IMG_1430.jpg here are the details of my already jailbroken 3gs. I would like to get ios 6.1.3 and unlock with ultrasn0w if possible. Could anyone tell me if that would be possible and what tutorial and downloads I would need Thanks in anticipation :confused:

Install UltraSn0w 1.2.8 from the default UltraSn0w repo, and reboot your device.

Thank you for your reply. But what do i need to jailbreak to an ios 6 before I get ultrasn0w1.2.8. Do i use redsnow, sn0wbreeze, p0sixspwn ??. What ispw do I need to down load,Sorry but I,m new to this, and dont want to mess the job up .My phone is on 5.1.1 at the moment, and there are lots of apps that need a higher one before they will install. Thank again.:confused:

Last edited:
p0sixspwn. If you're not using a SIM card on the original carrier of the device, you'll need either Sn0wBreeze or RedSn0w to tethered jailbreak it first, then install the p0sixspwn package on Cydia to untethered. If you're using RedSn0w, you'll only need the 6.0 IPSW for jailbreaking and booting purposes. For Sn0wBreeze, you need 6.1.3 for restore/jailbreaking.

Thank you very much. Thats exactly what I needed to know

Oh sorry do I need to update to latest ios through i tunes first?? Cheers.

Not iTunes only. You're on an unsupported baseband (modem firmware) so you'll need to use RedSn0w, Sn0wbreeze or iFaith. In order to preserve the baseband while upgrading your iOS. Otherwise you'll receive errors in iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa