What's new

My iPhone 4 log pics/hacks/themes

Lol no idea. I can spot a Lisa Simpson look-a-like but I've no clue as to what the rest of them are called.

Like everyone else I really like this simple lock screen so this is what I'm using.

4e25ae0e.jpg

Once I jailbroke 4.1 I set about getting all my old stuff back, I ended up with what you see below. It's based on exactly the same idea as an older theme I made except this time I used a set of HD icons, it was/is really nice but I wanted a change.

7957d763.jpg

I switched to this theme which is called Sugar, i think. It's really really simple but y'know what? It's great to use. I have everything all on one page/slide/panel whatever you want to call the screens. Because I have infinite screen or something I can just keep scrolling down. Works really well:

702a8b7c.jpg

With a black background:

5b2d743e.jpg

Ok this is my phone with the 1st gen Atomic case on it. This case killed reception and 3G/wifi connection so although it looked nice it was basically useless. The carbon back plate is lovely and was also from Atomic.

SAM_0505.jpg

SAM_0506.jpg

This is my phone with the 2nd gen Atomic case on it. I have no problems with this case. The colour combo below is Gunmetal/red. The case still has the carbon fibre back plate on it but for some reason the other day I decided to stick one of the spare grey smoke overlays I had left over the top, I liked it so left it on. I also have another case which I believe is red/brushed, I can't be bothered to take pics of it now but once I decide to swap them over I will take pics. Not the best pics below but it's evening in London now and the light isn't too good.

SAM_0582.jpg

SAM_0577.jpg

SAM_0576.jpg

SAM_0578.jpg

SAM_0583.jpg

Like everyone else I really like this simple lock screen so this is what I'm using.

4e25ae0e.jpg

Once I jailbroke 4.1 I set about getting all my old stuff back, I ended up with what you see below. It's based on exactly the same idea as an older theme I made except this time I used a set of HD icons, it was/is really nice but I wanted a change.

7957d763.jpg

I switched to this theme which is called Sugar, i think. It's really really simple but y'know what? It's great to use. I have everything all on one page/slide/panel whatever you want to call the screens. Because I have infinite screen or something I can just keep scrolling down. Works really well:

702a8b7c.jpg

With a black background:

5b2d743e.jpg

Ok this is my phone with the 1st gen Atomic case on it. This case killed reception and 3G/wifi connection so although it looked nice it was basically useless. The carbon back plate is lovely and was also from Atomic.

SAM_0505.jpg

SAM_0506.jpg

This is my phone with the 2nd gen Atomic case on it. I have no problems with this case. The colour combo below is Gunmetal/red. The case still has the carbon fibre back plate on it but for some reason the other day I decided to stick one of the spare grey smoke overlays I had left over the top, I liked it so left it on. I also have another case which I believe is red/brushed, I can't be bothered to take pics of it now but once I decide to swap them over I will take pics. Not the best pics below but it's evening in London now and the light isn't too good.

SAM_0582.jpg

SAM_0577.jpg

SAM_0576.jpg

SAM_0578.jpg

SAM_0583.jpg

very nice case, from where did you get it? ivogue?

Nope, it's from Atomic. It's basically an aluminium bumper in gunmetal/red. Then I have a carbon fibre back plate (which is real solid and scratch proof) but I decided to stick a grey smoke coloured overlay I had lying about on the back of the carbon fibre plate.

Some more pics I just took, combined both 1st gen and 2nd gen Atomic pieces to form my own 3rd gen atomic case lol

SAM_0589.jpg

SAM_0587.jpg

SAM_0588.jpg

Here's my new home screen:

(I'm not able to quote the image of your home screen)

Hi,

How did you arranged the icons in this way? I think you used Five-Column SB... But how did you get the space between the icons equal on the top and the sides. And how did you get shadows under the icons and not under the blank icons?

I hope you could tell me how you did this.

I'm on iOS 4.1 iPhone 4 32Gb

Thanks in advance

Without a picture I can't be sure what your on about but I'm going to have a guess in that you want to know how to get the icons arranged in the middle. Basically you need an app from cydia called 'iconoclasm'. Can't remember if you have to pay for it or not as it was so long ago that I used it.

The shadows under the icons were there as part of the icon, I initially used a theme called Illumine and as I learnt more about it ending up creating my own custom icons. So some of those icons are ones I made myself and some are part of the old Illumine theme.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I found it was indeed iconoclasm :) I'm now trying to make a complete new theme, but I allready found out that when I desing at 640x960 for a lockscreen it doessn't resize to my screen so everything is way to big and out of screen... But I'll keep on trying.. ;)

Some of you i'm sure have seen my pics of my case above, anyway I was using right side from the 1st gen model and the left side from the 2nd gen model. I had earlier reported that it was working well, was out and about in a few different places around London last night and I couldn't get any signal at all for over 6+ hours. Was rather annoying, so i'm back to a full on 2nd gen combo.

Only writing this in case someone else here had the same idea of doing it. Don't bother, doesn't work.

Might stick up some more pics later.

I want to give an update after using the atomic case for a few weeks. I've basically decided to stop using it, the initial enthusiasm to overlook any signal/net connection issues has passed and now it's frankly pissing me off too much.

Don't get me wrong, I found the 2nd gen case quite useable. But the fact that at times at home it struggles to always hold wifi connection, after a few weeks I would rather have a iPhone that functions at 100% proficiency. Another thing that was starting to irritate me was the weight it added to the phone. I had it in my shirt pocket the other day and it looked ridiculous!

I've gone back to the black apple bumper for now with a carbon fibre back and a power support screen protector (they are quality!) and you know what the phone feels great like this. I have a couple really nice looking Speck cases on the way. Will update with review and pics when they arrive.

But basically I am done with all metal cases. They look nice (but just like a new girlfriend the honeymoon period only lasts a few weeks) then I grew less fond of the cases and the fact I couldnt use my phone to 100% of it's ability made me not want to use it anymore. I don't see how any other metal case would/can be different.

Anyway all of the metal atomic cases you have seen in this thread are up for sale if anyone is interested. Just let me know. I have 1 1st gen atomic case in red/black. I also have 2 2nd gen atomic cases. 1 is red/brushed and the other is gun metal/red.

Last edited: