What's new

my first real problem

misplacedsooner

Reaction score
well, a few of you know im very new to the iphone. i finally got my email set..or i should say a friend did it for me.
tonight we went to the fireworks show and i was trying to text my kids to tell them where we were and my textswere not going through at all. i tried to call and nothing there either. i thought hmmm, maybe the wifi needs turned off so i look and there are a bunch of locked wifi connections so i turned it off, still nothing. i missed most of the fireworks due to trying to get it to work then gave up. we get going down the road and all of a sudden my kid calls me and everything is all good. what gives here?? my wife was texting and getting calls on her little pantech link while we were there. any ideas on whats up?

i gottasay i dont know for sure. im just used to having my phone work at all times. up until a couple days ago i had a samsung impression and it never failed me except for the text glitch. i must say im totally infatuated with this phone though,lol.

misplacedsooner said:
but why would i lose signal and my wifes little phone not lose it?

If the local node/cell is busy (and it likely was due to the display), your phone can't log on to it so remains on a further away node.

That's how you can both be on the same provider standing next ti each other, but each phone shows different signal strengths.

CP

but why would i lose signal and my wifes little phone not lose it?
the phones are not the same and so the algorithms dealing with signals are not the same. Somewhere some how your phone have a minor signal issue i think. how many bars do you have on the phone most of the time? I have 5 full bars most of the time on my phone and from time to time it can drop to 4 bars, but not less than 4 bars unless i'm in an elevator, then i can even lose signal or drop till 1 bar.

wow, looks like sitting here in the house i have 3 bars....top all the way left correct? does it make a difference if im running on wifi or 3g as to how many bars i have? im connected to wifi at the moment.
that said, with 3 bars it is functioning properly.

wow, looks like sitting here in the house i have 3 bars....top all the way left correct? does it make a difference if im running on wifi or 3g as to how many bars i have? im connected to wifi at the moment.
that said, with 3 bars it is functioning properly.

No no, wifi doesn't affect your network signal reception. But i see you don't have full bars on the phone, maybe the network signal is not very good in that area, so keep an eye on the signal bars to see when and where it goes full to 5bars if it ever can go that up and where it drop to 1 or 0 bar.